Questions for NetJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
650 driver said:
Hey Grizz, whats the the latest number of pilots to exit Netjets in Feb?

Thanks

The latest attrition list I have was completed before the end of the month and it was already at 10. We lost 15 in January. Most folks are waiting till June to see which way this thing goes. After that, standby for the mass exodus. We've got a bunch of older guys that are just hanging on waiting for some kind of retro check / signing bonus. It's not gonna surprise me to see us lose 200 pilots or more in the first six months after the contract is done.

H. J. Simpson said:
One could say the same thing about your opinion about Mesa. I guarantee you the regional life (especially commuting) is a miserable existence.

I'm sitting reserve at Mesa right now. Over the next 4 weeks I have a total of 8 days off to look forward to. Since I go on call at 0600 I have to fly up the evening before. I'm on my 3rd hotel room since the 7th. (about $140 total). I'll probably need at least one more room before going home Sunday, assuming I can even get a seat home on a Sunday night. I was barely able to get the days off I need for the NetJets interview. Since starting this thread I've talked to a number of ex-usair pilots now at NJA plus a few others. Other than the pay they like the job. All of them think the pay will come up substantially. I'm still not 100% certain I'll accept the offer if I get one but I'm leaning towards it. My wife hasn't rendered an opinion yet, she says just wait and see if I get the offer and then we'll "talk" about it. I hate it when she says that ;-/

AirBear

Hey AirBear:

Were you interviewed on Tues/Wed. of this week? If so, I sat with you. So, as I said, best of luck.
For everyone else, Derrinda was saying upgrade time is looking around 2 1/2 years, depending on plane. She was pretty open that some aircaft (Falcon etc.) it would be a very long time. I think they tried not to sugar coat anything. Kind of like, here it is, good and bad, make your best decision.

Flame suit installed,,,,,,

I interview later this morth. As for upgrades, all I care about is the pay, I have plenty of PIC time. So as long as bypass pay stays in a new contract, or if I'm free to change planes in order to upgrade that's fine with me.

I've read the gouges over at aviationinterviews.com, if you have any new info about questions you were asked and have time to reply I'd be very interested in hearing about them.

AirBear

Hung Start said:
Hey AirBear:

Were you interviewed on Tues/Wed. of this week? If so, I sat with you. So, as I said, best of luck.
For everyone else, Derrinda was saying upgrade time is looking around 2 1/2 years, depending on plane. She was pretty open that some aircaft (Falcon etc.) it would be a very long time. I think they tried not to sugar coat anything. Kind of like, here it is, good and bad, make your best decision.

Whooooah Just so you know airbear that if you recieve bypass pay in the plane your in and you bid an FO bid in another plane you lose all bypass pay.

Better hope you don't get hired into the ultra.

Hung Start said:
Hey AirBear:

I've been here 2 1/2 years and am not anywhere near upgrading. The last 400XP bid went 400 numbers senior to me. Come here now and you'll be 400 numbers junior to me. Do the math and I think you'll figure out that 2 1/2 years is never gonna happen. You had better count on 5 years. That would be a reasonable expectation.

AirBear8 said:
So as long as bypass pay stays in a new contract, or if I'm free to change planes in order to upgrade that's fine with me.
AirBear

New pilots would not not get bypass pay according to the TA that we voted down last fall. Existing pilots on bypass pay would continue to receive it as long as they had a standing Captain bid in for the aircraft they were currently assigned. The company hates bypass pay. You can count on it not being part of the new contract. Get used to the idea that 5 years of your life will be spent at F/O wages if you come here. Don't say you weren't warned.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back