Questions for CHQ guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

Just a few questions for those who fly with CHQ. 1) How many aircraft does CHQ have in the fleet and how many are on order? 2) How many aircraft are assigned to U.S. Air? 3) How many pilots are currently on the list? 4)How tough is it to get Louisville as a domicile? 5)When do you get your seniority number...on day one or after training? 6)How are you paid/lodged during training? Also, if anybody there flies part time in the military with the Guard/Reserve, I 've got a ton of questions for you...please let me know. Thanks!

Airplanes i dont know the number... 2. I think airways has 20 ish (22 sounds right) 3 I am about 1000 on the senority list i was hired in Sept so taht puts about 1100 now. 4. Some classes can get louisville off the bat others its about a month to get it. Bases change from senior to junior month to month with the exception of PHL (closing next month) and MCO. 5. Senority is class start date. 6. Lodging is through the company double occupancy, and you get paid per diem only for the first 30 days (we got 1 $500 check for that) You get guarntee after that.

Hope this helps,

Matt

we have 112 aircraft. 100, 145 series and 12, 170's. there are no more 145 orders and no plans to obtain any more, they were cancelled actually. 11 more 170's are coming for United by June 2005 and 16 170's to come for Delta in 2005/2006. No more plans after that, just rumors with no real backing. there are 33 aircraft for US Airways, 2 of which are spares. SDF is junior and should be easy to ge as a base, there are just over 1100 pilots on the list and 40-50 per month are coming. the day you show up is your seniority date. you get paid per diem starting day 1 and full pay starts 30 days after day one. hotels during training and reserve is paid by CHQ. Great schedules, Good QOL, Good benies, and Great people to fly with. Read all the posts bashing CHQ because of pay, its not that great but it sure isnt the worst. Good luck

mwmav8r01 said:
Airplanes i dont know the number... 2. I think airways has 20 ish (22 sounds right) ...

Hope this helps,

Matt
Dude, I really, really hope you don't work for CHQ. How embarassing that you don't even know how many jets we have.

Eh we all make mistakes, maybe not u. im a newbie sorry, i guess its in my job description to count airplanes... I coulda looked on the market planning page but i really didnt feel like it.

Matt

mwmav8r01 said:
Eh we all make mistakes, maybe not u. im a newbie sorry, i guess its in my job description to count airplanes... I coulda looked on the market planning page but i really didnt feel like it.

Matt
I couldn't even keep count of how many planes my flight school had, let alone how many aircraft CHQ has. Especially since we are getting planes, orders are canceling, etc.

So, since you don't know how many planes we have...back to reserve for you!

Bart Simpson said:
Dude, I really, really hope you don't work for CHQ. How embarassing that you don't even know how many jets we have.
I can't keep track of how many code shares we have.

Some CHQ Info:

1,055 pilots as of Dec. 1 seniority list (CHQ seems to be hiring avg. of 30/month)

10 domiciles: BUF, CMH, FLL, GSO, IND, LGA, MCO, RIC, SDF, STL

Union is Teamsters Airline Division Local 747, Contract ammendable October 17, 2007

Current fleet is 113 aircraft (17 EMB-135, 15 EMB-140, 68 EMB-145, 13 EMB-170)

Confirmed Delivery of 26 more EMB-170 next year and a half (this is including new Delta Order)

Four Code-Shares (breakdown of aircraft per code share, including expected deliveries):
American Airlines: 15 EMB-140
Delta Airlines: 15 EMB-135, 22 EMB-145, 16 EMB 170
United Airlines: 9 EMB-145, 23 EMB-170
US Airways: 33 EMB-145
And our own Charter Division with 2 EMB-135

Eventually all EMB-135,140,145 flying will be operated on Chautauqua Airlines Certificate, and all EMB-170 on Republic Airlines Certificate

Both airlines form Republic Airways Holdings, of which contract applies (all pilots from same seniority list)

Link to Contract: http://www.ibt747.org/forms/CHQ.CBA.2003.pdf

I hope that helps! And Merry Christmas!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back