• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questionable SW MX? what is going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greedy managers skimp on MX and that kills people. SW had better learn fast that the more you "save" on MX the more expensive it will become after the crash. Sad fact of aviation.

And is a repeat of past performances. SWA is guilty of the poorest mx practices and the cheapest fares.

SWA sells its retired airframes to foreign operators who kill foreigners. It just like selling a used car with a known problem without disclosing the problem.

SWA purposefully misses inspection deadlines on safety critical items hoping for extensions which are not an option and pays the largest FAA fines of all time.

SWA blows holes in its fuselages.

And when SWA does have a mx issue, it will and has burn its pilots and flight attendants as scapegoats. Heard a story from the late 1990's about a -200 being flown on its first revenue flight after a heavy maintenance inspection. It had a dual hydraulic failure because of poor maintenance.

It landed at a non-station airport in a very crippled condition. The crew initially decided not to evacuate after what appeared to be a normal landing. It was very hot inside and the captain ordered the doors opened for ventilation with the slides not armed because there was no need for an evacuation. After 20 minutes the brakes caught on fire. A successful evacuation occurred after the doors where closed, armed and the slides blown. The company then hung the entire crew for failure to evacuate after their heroic efforts had been overlooked as a result of poor company maintenance.

Do you feel the love? That crew sure didn't.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job at SWA lucky, but don't feal bad, several of my buds who are great guys got turned down too. It is kind of bs we only hired (back when we were hirin') only 1/3 or so of everyone interviewed, but oh well. Still a great place here. Great maintenance too btw. Third airline for me also, so I have compared.

Nice story though, I almost wept.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job at SWA .........

No kidding. I haven't seen this much dribble in a while, obviously since we haven't interviewed lately. This guy has major issues, and the weed out process worked again. :laugh:

Hell, I work at the airline and I don't find myself posting as long a manifesto as you, give it up man. :rolleyes:

With the amount of regulation that is imposed on all US airlines, it doesnt surprise me at all that companies are trying to find any way possible to save money. Southwest is just the latest to get some bad press which is unusual i admit. Id bet every carrier has done something similiar though. Id hate to know about all the things done at the airlines ive been at.

Until airlines price their product to make a profit and act like a normal business outsourcing will continue. A race to the bottom for us all unfortunately.

Latest resources

Back