Question on Net Jet Appl. Re: Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freightdoggie

I just received my NETJets application today in the mail... I am still undecided about working for the company mainly on one issue only, and that is pay. 28k is almost half of what I make flying freight and having a schedule. Not to mention the upgrade is under 2 years.

The application says 28k to start, but you can expect around 41k. What is the average for you Net Jets FO's? Is it usually higher then 28? This would help me make a more informed decision. I have been reading the threads and have seen all the bitching about pay and how it sucks.... usually only base pay is stated. What extras are there?
thanks

Freight,

Plan on 28K as being what you are going to make until the new contract is ratifies...when will that be?.....I have no idea. The are saying 41K because they are adding in perdiem (1.60/hr = 38.40/day) and they might be calculating some OT, which isn't seen too much lately. WE have F/O's here who are in the 28K/ year scale and it is killing them!!!!! They also felt they were going to be making alot more than 28K but that's what the contract calls for......Hope this helps.....

Thanks D0-82 Driver, I appreciate the information. I was a little skeptical after everything I read on here. Also skeptical after seeing the application state "upgrade time is about 8 months."

Which I know is total horse S#R#.

Let say I keep my application and wait until the new contract passes, and it happens to be better then anyone thought. Will they still look at it then, or are they expecitng it back right away?

Thanks again

No one can say what will happen at this point. A strike may be necessary but it will take at least 6 months from the time the MEC requests a release for self help to actually enter the coolin goff period.... MINIMUM. Prior to that, both sides must reach an impasse and call for a strike vote. Those things have not happened yet.

Guess I will keep hauling boxes, and getting paid decent to do it...
I hope you guys get what you deserve and soon. I wish it didnt have to come down to a strike, but it just might..
Good luck

If it does come down to a strike....( I personally don't think that will happen) but if it does, I think it will be one of the shortest strikes in aviation history.....My guess.....less than a day. I think this happen once before and that was the case. I'd have to ask some of the more senior guys about that.

Freight....they really said upgrade in 8 months.....I think 2 to 3 years is more like it...maybe longer....

Freight,
I posted this on another thread addressing upgrade time at NJA...

"Well, my last post got me pretty wound up so I went back and checked the latest seniority list. It shows 499 FO's at NJA. Appx 50 fo those are FO's on FO pay. The rest are on captain pay.

Soooo, the revised numbers from my last, Incorrect post, are,

449 FO's, @3 per new aircraft equals 149 new aircraft. If deliveries average 3 per month, thats just over 4 years untill upgrade gets to me. There are Appx 45 FO's junior to me.

This should give anyone considering NJA an idea of the upgrade time in the future."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I think those numbers are pretty realistic. One thing I have thought of since, but, have no way of estimating, is the effect of our over 60 guys.

Most of our over 60 guys are retired airline and I believe most are waiting for the new contract before they bail! They dont want to miss out on the possibility of retro pay or a signing bonus.

Impossible to bet on how many will leave right off or what the rate of resignations will be.

If your pay and bennies are good now, why on earth would you "Bet" your career on this place?

The company is outright LYING to you about the first year FO pay and upgrade time. I know, I'm an FO on FO pay at NJA going on 21 months. You wanna work for that kind of company?

I,m glad to here you guys are standing up and considering a strike. I won,t send my app back till things pan out....the problem is they know they can still get pilots no matter how little they pay is as long as people apply and accept jobs. Lets work together and make what we do worth more then flipping burgers in a fast food rest.

Got the call after about a month of sending in application. Friend/Reference took in my resume and gave rec. letter for application. Mite of helped. Good Luck.

Later
SD

Latest resources

Back