Question on Net Jet Appl. Re: Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DO-82 driver said:
If it does come down to a strike....( I personally don't think that will happen) but if it does, I think it will be one of the shortest strikes in aviation history.........
netjets has already had the shortest in history (probably) - about 20-25yrs ago and it lasted all of 20 minutes or so. mechanics struck and the pilots honored the line.

SquirrelDog said:
Got the call after about a month of sending in application. Friend/Reference took in my resume and gave rec. letter for application. Mite of helped. Good Luck.
Later
SD
I hope in a year or two you are able to still call the person that wrote you a letter of recommendation a friend. This contract is a long way off and I'm afraid we aren't going to get nearly the offer everyone thinks we are. Cut your expenses so that you can live comfortably on around $30k (before taxes) and plan to do that for at least another year. This thing is a long way from being over. A new MEC will be elected in October and the new gang will try to pick up the pieces and go from there.

Someone posted on our union board that 3 new hires packed up and walked out of Company Indoctrination last week. They decided that they'd seen enough horse**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** already. I've also heard that the company is having a hell of a time getting new hires at all. It looks like the word is really getting out that this is a crappy place to be right now. Save yourself some time and effort, apply anywhere but NutJets.

bizjet737 said:
netjets has already had the shortest in history (probably) - about 20-25yrs ago and it lasted all of 20 minutes or so. mechanics struck and the pilots honored the line.

I don't think the mechanics could help us out now. Company only keeps them around as a decoration for the hangar.

Hate to say it, but if all these rumours are true, Fictional Ownership as practiced by NETJEST may go down as the biggest Ponzi Scheme in history (and that's not intended as a slur against Italo-American businessmen)

Was always suspicious about of how smugly we were told at every pizza party that our side outclassed the other side hands down. You just don't allow that impression unless you have something up your sleeve. What stinks is that no one suspected this for THREE YEARS.

Got to watch those Limousine Liberals ....

Unless a new contract is ratified, you will NOT see 41K as an FO at NJA. IF you are flying a full schedule, you can count on about an additional 6000k-8000k in per diem and such. BUT you probably will NOT fly all the time as a new FO. I would realistically count on 30K MAX, just to be safe.

The application says 28k to start, but you can expect around 41k.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
There is no way you will make enough ADDITIONAL money in your first year due to the 3 -6 months (YES I SAID 6 months) it will take for our mis-management to get you through all of the training. Aircraft training is the big block and with the current maintenance issues on all the fleets, it may be longer. One individual in my indoc took a full 6.5 months to finish and another 5. No TIPS, NO PER DIEM (except when you are in CMH doing training). $28k is about right...give or take $18.50. JUST SAY NO !!!:mad:

Griz said:
GF,

I think the exact answer from the MEC that I saw was something like -

So, the way I read that is the junior guys can plan on continuing to receive food stamps in order to feed their families for the duration of this contract. That is if this TA passes and the new MEC doesn't get a crack at doing a better job.

But keep applying guys...NutJets..where you can fly millionaires for peanuts.
I just started reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and the first lesson learned is;

"the poor and middle class work for money, while the rich have their money work for them"

I feel for all you guys over there, no one should be working for peanuts.

Looks like time to strike...

Seriously, when CAN you guys officially strike (maybe just estimates) because the numbers and rampant disrespect I am hearing ain't gonna fly.... I say STRIKE SOON and show Warren who's boss!

Latest resources

Back