• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question on Mins at Amer Eagle or other Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tell him to send out resumes, what is the worst that can happen. people on FI give him a hard time. Most know if they had the opportunity to get on with an airline at 350 and 50 they would have jumped all over it. I was in the military so I had time to build my total time and couldn't find a job so I CFIed. I woiuld definately work the FSI contacts though.

As far as sim time. As long as It is Level D I thoughdt everything was loggable hence the abbility to log landings and do a fully type ride in it.

How likely is it that someone in his position could get a waiver on posted flight time minimums because of his jet experience and gain employment with American Eagle or another carrier??

I'm confused: Your friend doesn't actually have any jet experience, let alone meet those flight time requirements...

If you really have all those ratings, you should know the answer to this...

Sim time is not flight time.

Sometimes it can count towards things like night or IMC requirements, but not total time for hiring purposes.

First of all, I do realize that sim time is not flight time, but I know how tight Eagle was on staffing when I worked for them, and I hear that they are even tighter now, so I just wondered if anyone knew if they'd make an exception now and then. And second of all, until you're brave enough to publicly list your own credentials, I'd suggest you not imply that my ratings are fake. Trust me, my friend, they're real. Once you finally get a type for yourself, we can talk. Until then, lets keep the content of this board focused on being productive and not degrading.

Tell me, how exactly is it cutting line to have done an internship??

uh oh, i may have struck a nerve. one semester of ass-kissing to make up for years of hard work. maybe it is jealousy, but kids getting into a regional without flying anything more than their primary training, then onto a place like CAL who sucks up their interns in a heartbeat now. all this without ever having to get any experience the hard way, without really having to work a sh!tty job like the rest of us.

uh oh, i may have struck a nerve. one semester of ass-kissing to make up for years of hard work. maybe it is jealousy, but kids getting into a regional without flying anything more than their primary training, then onto a place like CAL who sucks up their interns in a heartbeat now. all this without ever having to get any experience the hard way, without really having to work a sh!tty job like the rest of us.

oh yeah, with no PIC experience whatsoever

The thing is, you're simply jealous because they achieve goals that you only hope to acheive, and they do it much faster and with more ease. Are you trying to tell me that if you had the same opportunities that you'd say, "You know what, I know you want to offer me this position to fly for a major, and I know that I've wanted to do it all my life, but I just don't have enough experience yet. I think it's better that I do more flying for less pay and at worse companies. Give someone else a call before me." Because there's no way you'd ever say that. We all want to do well. We all want what's best and quickest for advancement. Sometimes we make the right choices, and sometimes we don't. The real man congratulates those who succeed and also seeks to emulate their success. I'm sorry you're unwilling to take the high road. Hopefully you will one day.

The thing is, you're simply jealous because they achieve goals that you only hope to acheive, and they do it much faster and with more ease. Are you trying to tell me that if you had the same opportunities that you'd say, "You know what, I know you want to offer me this position to fly for a major, and I know that I've wanted to do it all my life, but I just don't have enough experience yet. I think it's better that I do more flying for less pay and at worse companies. Give someone else a call before me." Because there's no way you'd ever say that. We all want to do well. We all want what's best and quickest for advancement. Sometimes we make the right choices, and sometimes we don't. The real man congratulates those who succeed and also seeks to emulate their success. I'm sorry you're unwilling to take the high road. Hopefully you will one day.

So I'm going to guess that you are ERAU and an intern that made it then. I actually think i know who you are, K.F. maybe? If so, good on you. I had a choice to make, I made it. If you honestly think that a person that I described above isn't a liability, well really c'mon. There are much more qualified people out there then them, and no I don't feel myself qualified to be at a mainline carrier yet.

no I don't feel myself qualified to be at a mainline carrier yet.

So what makes you qualified for a mainline job. Thousands of hours with the autopilot on or is it the military guy who has been in the single/two seat fighter doing 1.5 hr sorties flying in a lot of nice weather. I am not saying a fighter guys jobs is easy, but how often do they go fly off into weather or land with 1/2 mile vis and 100 OVC? I as because I really don't know. While I was in the military deployed to this one location, we canx severl missions becuase the AOR was cloudy. We were up flying but none of the little planes even left the ground..or maybe the military guy flying heavies, autopilot on. Maybe by the companies posted requirements. Or is it you don't feel personally qualified to be responsible for over 100 lives? Not an insult just curious.

Latest resources

Back