• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As to item "D" you will maintain your position via percentile slotting. I believe this may have been what happened when Trump Shuttle and USAir merged their list and also I believe that arbitrator is the same one that will hear this one that heard the Trump Shuttle integration,so maybe some precedence has been set.

FreightNazi said:
I have a friend of mine at AWA but is furloughed from US and still has his US seniority number. How is it going to work for him? Is he going to be able to pick which number (AWA or US) that will give his best seniority or will he be stuck with his AWA number since that is where he currently works?

He will be slotted and would be to his advantage to keep AWA for longevity puposes.

The 19 USAirways pilots currently on both lists will have their choice of which position they want. Parker has agreed to longevity pay so one could benefit from claiming a U number even if it puts them lower on the overall list(because he is 55).
Becareful please stop the whining. You are wrong. Dave brings more to the merger than any furloughee. Get over it.

Itsallsogood said:
The 19 USAirways pilots currently on both lists will have their choice of which position they want. Parker has agreed to longevity pay so one could benefit from claiming a U number even if it puts them lower on the overall list(because he is 55).
Becareful please stop the whining. You are wrong. Dave brings more to the merger than any furloughee. Get over it.

If the furloughees had not been furloughed in the first place there would be no USAirways today. You had better stop while you are ahead because there is a very high probability there will be slotting involving furloughees. If you keep on like this it will just mean more crow you will have to digest.

Bubba you are correct. Nicleau <sp>, may slot the furloghees in. Who knows? However, according to the merger comittees.....both sides agree, very unlikely. It is the slotting of the active and active out for personal reasons that is sending this to arbitration. NOT the furloghees, MDA and J4J'ers.

OK 3 hours later.... and I have finally stopped laughing. "If it were not for the U furloghees USAir would not be in business." Un-friggin-believable.

Itsallsogood said:
OK 3 hours later.... and I have finally stopped laughing. "If it were not for the U furloghees USAir would not be in business." Un-friggin-believable.

All I'm saying, if USAir had cancelled all the furloughs and keep the excess on the property and keep on paying them it would have drove USAir out of business and no merger today.

I still do not understand why you can not see the winfall the AW pilots will receive with the U retirements. You probably do understand but not ready to admit it yet.I guess the arbitrator will have to settle that. I think our discussion has reached the point of diminishing returns. Enjoy the rest of your day outside but try to not to laugh to loud to yourself or your neighbors might start wondering.

Bubba Dog said:
I still do not understand why you can not see the winfall the AW pilots will receive with the U retirements.
Nicolau took future retirements into account for the USAir Shuttle integration. It's but one of many issues that he'll have to consider.

Budda dog , Since when has there been a merger were furloughed pilot were ever concidered, except for the bottom of the combined list? Not to stir the pot but I can't remember one.

Latest resources

Back