• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for UA drivers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 90 seat rate I really don't think is something that will go out the window....anything over 70 seats...at mainline, period.

Or.... How about anything in United Colors at mainline, who cares how small it is, take it all back

jetblue + 5%!

channel 9 was about 50/50 when i was there.

personally i dont see a major airline putting a dual typoe plane at the major when the regionals are currently flying them-- U will most prob cave on this fo a few items of monetary or QOL--- like higher pay rates, better retirement, better scheduling, and heres a big one longevity for furlough when you come back..

If I were a skipper at UA, there's no way in hell I would turn on Ch. 9.

Too many willing to drop dime in this day-in-age.

Would you do it if you had passenger requests for Ch 9? Perhaps you would be too scared to reveal your poor flying/communications skills to unknowing passengers. That's sad.

What's channel 9? Sorry, might be an obvious answer but I don't have a clue.
On UA's entire fleet, channel 9 of the passenger entertainment system is connected to the cockpit observer audio panel. The marketing intent is to allow passengers in the cabin to monitor live ATC communications on comm 1. Some pilots will tune AM radio stations on the ADF and share football games, ect.

There is a large switch in the cockpit that allows the Captain to turn the whole thing off.

Last edited:
Different question, same airline.

Any idea why there is a hotel full of Air Canada CSA's and reservation agents in Denver training at United.

Probably nothing, but is this possibly another avenue of job replacements?

UAL training Center (TK - Training Kingdom) used to do training for airlines all over the world back in the day. Could be the last remnants of that.....

The 90 seat rate I really don't think is something that will go out the window....anything over 70 seats...at mainline, period.

Oh, I agree. The company will not be able to get anything over 70 seats out of the pilot group, short of the 1113c process and a judge IMO. I think they talk about a "90 seat rate" generically as that is probably around the size they'd plug the Airbus/RJ70 hole with.

Would you do it if you had passenger requests for Ch 9? Perhaps you would be too scared to reveal your poor flying/communications skills to unknowing passengers. That's sad.

Versus your abilities???? Did I miss you at the Thunderbird reunion?

No MR. RJ145 Dude, guy's don't turn it on for multiple reasons...
Litigation being the front runner from my experience. Oh and because they don't want too....Plain enough for ya?

Latest resources

Back