Question for TSA guys?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airjackson said:
...First TWO years are all the same payscale.

And what what the heck would "interview quality" help determine?? Like if you're a 'tard you get the J41? Please people, here's a dose of reality for you. THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON AS TO WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU GET. NONE, ZILCH, NADA. I've heard EVERY possible scenario/reason/scoop and NONE of them are worth a $hit.

As if a CFI should really care about what they give you. IT'S A FREAKING AIRLINE JOB. Does it really matter?

And to those doomsday prophets who swear the 41 is being retired tommorrow...guess how long the ATRs have been "going away"...for over 10 years!

And yes, I was hired into that god-almighty holy grail of all that is regional freaking EMB-145. You should count yourself lucky to fly the 41. Even luckier to be a captain on it.

This rant is through.

Take a breath. Get laid. Move on.

They pin everyones name up on the wall. Then they take a handfull of darts and throw them at the wall. The people who get hit with a red dart get the 145 and people who get hit with a black dart get the 41.

Cornholio, you have wisdom beyond your years. That is probably the most accurate description of their method I have yet heard.

labbats, reading your profile, I believe you left out the little wind-up balsa wood plane you flew in the third grade.

What happened to the good ol' days where you got your seniority number in your class based upon the last 4 digits of your social, and then the senior people in the class got first crack at which airplane they wanted?

That's the way they did it in my class in summer '01.

airjackson said:
Blackwater, you RIC or STL based?

STL. I wouldn't count too much on being based in RIC. That is all Airways flying. Since Air Whisky and Mesa (I think) put money up for the AWA/Airways merger and Trans States (apparently) did not, that flying may not be around long. It was supposed to go away in September, but there was a last minute (and short term?) reprieve.

Latest resources

Back