• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question For The Navy Folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe that was a little harsh, drunk talk. I apologize for that. However, I think we both agree that Joey doesn't stand a chance, not only because the Navy won't take him, but if they did he would be looked down upon from all NFO's and most single anchor guys.

BTW, I put my 20 in as an enlisted seaman and officer, did 3 tours over in the sand. I deserve the 74 job. Come on over, we're hiring like mad.

Let's get over the BS pointy nose, who gets more per-diem, and who's the bigger bada$$ crap. We only make ourself's look like idiots. ANYONE who has put in anytime serving our great country deserves much respect.

I concur:)

Ya, you say that on here big guy...... I like to see you say that to our face. I hope you enjoy sleeping at night, being that we have provided you with safest accomidations in the world.

Sleep Well:)

OK, tool. Thanks for what you have done for me. I'm on active duty right now and have been for 19+ years. I don't have my squadron patch as my avatar because I don't get my self-worth from my professional qualifications.

You need to get over yourself. You're not that important really. With or without you, the machine will grind on.

BTW, it's 'accommodations'.

Thought we beat that to death on the union board...AHHHHHH!

Back to the regular debate... Still don't think Joey deserves a 3rd chance at an aviation slot weather that is as an NA or an NFO.

OK, tool. Thanks for what you have done for me. I'm on active duty right now and have been for 19+ years. I don't have my squadron patch as my avatar because I don't get my self-worth from my professional qualifications.

You need to get over yourself. You're not that important really. With or without you, the machine will grind on.

BTW, it's 'accommodations'.

Seems like i hit a nerve with old KINGAIRIP (possible C-12 jock).

It's my crackberry bro......Kind of hard to read what you type sometimes when your out on the ramp in the sun. Anyone have that "spell check software" that I can use:)

Last edited:
Joey C,

I sympathize with you but the bottom line is the taxpayers spent a significant amount of money on you and you quit because it wasn't exactly what you thought you wanted.

The reality is the point of military aviation isn't for everyone to achieve their "dreams." Military pilots are officers first and pilots second. Every day when I walked out to the line to man up an aircraft I passed a whole lot of people in maintenance and on the ramp working their butts off who had enlisted for a variety of reasons, non of which including facilitating me going out and having fun and logging flight hours.

Flying was just a part of the job - and it's not always a blast (though many times it certainly was). If you are looking for something more exciting I would recommend paragliding or skydiving. But if you are willing to lead and serve others, stay up late writing properly-written evals on your troopers, stay up from 2-5am sitting in a cockpit during a high-power turn without complaining, keep at it with the same motivation in flight school after you have a bad flight or two, stand a bazillion watches, take it like a man when they tell you the "needs of the navy" mean you won't be flying your first choice of aircraft, sit down and council a young enlisted guy why a 25% loan isn't a good idea, generally put your troopers' interests and needs ahead of your own I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope it works out for you.

Joey C,

I sympathize with you but the bottom line is the taxpayers spent a significant amount of money on you and you quit because it wasn't exactly what you thought you wanted.

The reality is the point of military aviation isn't for everyone to achieve their "dreams." Military pilots are officers first and pilots second. Every day when I walked out to the line to man up an aircraft I passed a whole lot of people in maintenance and on the ramp working their butts off who had enlisted for a variety of reasons, non of which including facilitating me going out and having fun and logging flight hours.

Flying was just a part of the job - and it's not always a blast (though many times it certainly was). If you are looking for something more exciting I would recommend paragliding or skydiving. But if you are willing to lead and serve others, stay up late writing properly-written evals on your troopers, stay up from 2-5am sitting in a cockpit during a high-power turn without complaining, keep at it with the same motivation in flight school after you have a bad flight or two, stand a bazillion watches, take it like a man when they tell you the "needs of the navy" mean you won't be flying your first choice of aircraft, sit down and council a young enlisted guy why a 25% loan isn't a good idea, generally put your troopers' interests and needs ahead of your own I wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope it works out for you.

Well Said Aubie!!

Joey C,

You forgot about working 65+ hour weeks, being at work from 0630 to 2000 or later... 5-7 days a week, forgetting it's your own birthday, going on detachment/workups for 6 months PRIOR to a 6-9 month deployment, missing holidays, deplorable living conditions, broken relationships, etc. etc. etc.

That's what I was thinking when I first read this thread. So what happens if you get back in and make it through primary but don't select jets (assuming jets is your first choice)? Quit again? Or say you DO get jets but get Prowlers. Quit then? You can pontificate all you want about how you have the desire and motivation to follow through but the point is you proved that you don't by quitting, especially so early on. I don't have any idea what the Navy will tell you, but if I had to make a recommendation on you, those are the things I would be thinking about.

Also, I don't remember anybody asking, but I'm guessing that whatever problem got you NPQd to begin with has been fixed?

Joey C,

Huh? He quit in API.

Latest resources

Back