Question for the CHQ folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearLove said:
I would venture to guess it has something to do with the MDA thing also.

And on the J4J thing: J4J is not what it was intended to be. In these times where furloughs may last the rest of your career, read no returning to mainline, a J4J position at the bottom forever is just not good IMHO. Its more the reason that we need a "national" senority list or "one list". If the industry need 50000 part 121 pilots then the top 50000 bid for whatever they want and DOH determines what they can hold. I shrugged my shoulders at this befor but am warming up to it as we go along. I think it could be a solution to alot of our career problems.

Learlove,

How do we determine DOH, Is it based on when we were hired at our last carrier? Or is it when we got on with our first airline? Which airlines would those include? For instance if I was hired at AA in summer of 98 and a COEX pilot was hired a month before me, do they hold a more senior number? What about my time at the companies I flew before AA while the COEX pilot was a flight instructor, some ALPA, other non-union. I agree that we need to head in this direction but where do we intergrate at? When we held out ATP, or commercial license?

Just curious as to your observations.

Regards,
AA

bvt1151 said:
Sounds like he's priming the pump for concessions.

I would be surprised if he pumped anything but mud.

If it's one thing I can guarantee, concessions aint' gonna' happen at CHQ/REP/SAC. We already need to bump the scales up as it is. His "threats" are very familiar...we heard it back in the day about the 145's.

No one took concessions then, either.

Jack Mahogoff said:
Lear,

Since you chose to go to MDA, is there any possibility of returning to PDT/ALG in the future? Just curious as to what the original offer was.

-Jack

Yes, No, Maybe or somewhere inbetween. The agreement has specific language if there are furloughs at MDA/Mainline to go back but that part was never "finalized" due to the events of last summer. So it all depends on who you ask.

Clear as Mud, right.....

AAflyer said:
Learlove,

How do we determine DOH, Is it based on when we were hired at our last carrier? Or is it when we got on with our first airline? Which airlines would those include? For instance if I was hired at AA in summer of 98 and a COEX pilot was hired a month before me, do they hold a more senior number? What about my time at the companies I flew before AA while the COEX pilot was a flight instructor, some ALPA, other non-union. I agree that we need to head in this direction but where do we intergrate at? When we held out ATP, or commercial license?

Just curious as to your observations.

Regards,
AA

Yeah I know, I was thinking about that as I was writing the post. I'm sure there would be 1000 other questions or situations that would arise maybe even making the idea impossible in the end. But on paper without the "start-up" mess I think it would wonders for the job security of a pilot career. I'd venture to guess that once you got 20% or like ten years of pilots under you, you could expect to be pretty secure. You just may have to move up or down depending on the cycle. I don't know anyway, it was just a thought.

Last edited:
We at CHQ need to be responsive and sympathetic to the needs of managemant as well as the needs of the pilot group. Working together we can achieve what both need. Management gets what it needs, a competitive cost structure and the pilots get what they need, more jets for more upgrades so we can advance to the majors. People on this board and most at work always assume the worst about management and their needs. Face it times are tough and we need to stay the most competitive regional out there so we can continue to grow.

E170Guppykiller said:
We at CHQ need to be responsive and sympathetic to the needs of managemant as well as the needs of the pilot group. Working together we can achieve what both need. Management gets what it needs, a competitive cost structure and the pilots get what they need, more jets for more upgrades so we can advance to the majors. People on this board and most at work always assume the worst about management and their needs. Face it times are tough and we need to stay the most competitive regional out there so we can continue to grow.

You guys at CHQ need to shut this guy up...even if it is flamebait...he's REEEEALLY making you look bad...hopefully he's a troll and not on your senority list.

Guppykiller ...You sound like you have not had the pleasure of being furloughed in your career. The fruits of the management has delt a blow to your head with SJS...

I have been readying flightinfo for a few years know and you must be the most clueless poor excuse of a pilot.

Latest resources

Back