Question for the ATC Folks on board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alternate routes...

one thing you might want to try is the Coded Departure Routes portion of the ATCSCC website.

When I'm trying to "roll-my-own" route, say for mountain wave avoidance (like I'm doing tonite) I use it to see what some of the other ATC-preferred departure route/fix combinations there are out of a terminal area - I'll use one of those CDR departures to get me out of the terminal area and use it to connect to the enroute route I want.

I used it a lot last week out of the east coast, and no flight called me from #2 for takeoff telling me that ATC wanted them to reroute.

Something in the system is breaking down because you should get that route out of MMU. Actually ... almost anything filed out over WHITE should be accepted. Give me a day or so (won't be until around Monday evening, early Tuesday) and I should have an answer.

I used to fly out of TEB a fair amount in a Lear. We would try the preffered routes, come up with our own route (southbound) and never get what we filed for. So we just started filing direct a couple time and it turns out, you just keep getting the same route with a couple of variations.

Obviously we didnt expect to get out direct routing, we just wanted to see what would happen.

Oh yeah, be careful with WHITE intersection, there is one toward Canada and if you LRN doesnt recognize the one in the NY area, the controllers get a little upset.

Yea we had an ops notice about WHITE inter. and the Canada thing, seems our RNAV was getting confused. I was on the 221 out of kennedy put in direct WHITE and watched us turn directly for Manhatten. We had visions of Mavrick and Goose calling "FOX TWO on the dash".

Good point on "WHITE".

Most of our planes will display both possibilities, with the one near colt's neck highlighted.

While filing direct and "seeing what you get" gets used a lot by one of our pilots, it helps a lot to have an idea about the expected clearance when you call "ready to copy".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back