Question for the Airbus drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B1900FO

What is it that allows for consistently good landing in the Airbus?? I don't think I have every felt a bad landing in any Airbus I have ever ridden on...

Well, obviously you have never ridden in back when I'm flying :D.

Jetsi

B1900FO said:
What is it that allows for consistently good landing in the Airbus?? I don't think I have every felt a bad landing in any Airbus I have ever ridden on...

Sheer blind luck on your part.

I believe it has to do with the amount of wing diheadiral that the airplane has. The greater the diahedrial the easier it is to get a decent landing out of it due to better low speed handling characteristics. Flew DHC-8's and DC-8s
in a prior life and neither one had much in the way of dihedrial. Landings left much to be desired...But then again,maybe it was me.....????:D

PHXFLYR

B1900FO said:
It's called autoland!

Just kidding busdrivers:laugh:

I've noticed this too. I used to commute DCA-LGA. I would ride up on Delta and back on USAir. When the Delta guys "arrived" in LGA, I though the gear on the 73-8 was going to go through the wing. The 320s on USAir seemed silky smooth back in DCA...

Airbus landings....

Patriot328 said:
I've noticed this too. I used to commute DCA-LGA. I would ride up on Delta and back on USAir. When the Delta guys "arrived" in LGA, I though the gear on the 73-8 was going to go through the wing. The 320s on USAir seemed silky smooth back in DCA...

Every 738 driver I have talked to says its a b**** to grease it on...

Having flown both the 737-800, and the A320, the bus is way easier to coax a nice landing out of. I think it also has something to do with the automatic trim in the Airbus that biases nose forward (flare mode) to 'encourage' a steady back pressure in the final flare.

Latest resources

Back