Question for SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How bout -1.

Still think its a bad idea. Guy Jr to me makes 500k more than I do over the next 8 years. Sorry but I'm really having a difficult time with that.

Some people make out more than others. It is life. Some people die younger or get cancer or have a family problems. It is just a fact of life. If you have your health and a good job and still make out, although not as good as some others consider yourself lucky. The same guy you mention that makes more money could be the guy that finds out he has a health problem that gives him one year to live. Now who is the lucky one? In 50 years nobody involved with this will be here anyway.

I dont know your position on the list but the guy junior to you was probably hired at Airtran a few years before you were at SWA.
Approximately 300-350 trannies are junior to me by DOH. In a no growth scenario they make 60-70K a year more than me over the next several years.
But wait if I fly with one of these lottery winners and I satisfy all the fine print in SL9 I get an extra 1.25 TFP premium. The only good thing I see is if the sick feeling I get in the pit of my stomach from flying with someone several years junior to me prevents me from going to work, the premium still applies.

Last edited:
Also, there are options for AAI Capt to leave the left seat (don't know how many will) for the right seat for QOL.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of incentive for AAI CA's to give up the seat, since after the loss of three or four years of seniority, they would be mid-level FO's, not senior FO's. It's too bad this wasn't addressed, as some AAI CA's would certainly give up the seat to be senior FO's

Bottom line is all left seat upgrades go to the SWA FO's before any AAI Fo's. Even in ATL.
I don't think there will be any ATL upgrades, since 40% of all 737 CA's will be displaced from ATL, and the "right of return" would go to one of those displaced CA's first, if I understand the agreement correctly.

Regds,
TW

Last edited:
Some people make out more than others. It is life. Some people die younger or get cancer or have a family problems. It is just a fact of life. If you have your health and a good job and still make out, although not as good as some others consider yourself lucky. The same guy you mention that makes more money could be the guy that finds out he has a health problem that gives him one year to live. Now who is the lucky one? In 50 years nobody involved with this will be here anyway.

Cometman...I hope you don't mind buti am stealing your post and putting on our other forum sites. It is so true....others should read it.

Ty Webb,

Just a heads up, someone is posting under your name. Rational thoughts and no one called a d-bag? Must be someone else.

Either that or you finally figured out that you won the lottery.

Wonder which?

BD32

Latest resources

Back