Question for SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Now that the deal is out I gotta know... Knowing Atlanta was going to shrink as a base why didn't you go DOH? I know that was a non-starter for most of this board but.... You go DOH with no protections. You shrink Atlanta. Boom you snag all our junior captain seats.

I was under the impression you wanted the Captain seats.

Date of hire hurts many pilots on the back end as AAI is younger, and the snapshot of gaining a couple hundred seats now, and losing all upgrades till 2020 is less equal to SWA pilots and still a windfall for AAI pilots

The current deal is a ******************** sandwich but the "best" it is for a Tranny is DOH -2 years up to about DOH-4 years.

In 2013 the 717 will become a SYSTEM bid and in 2020 the entire SLI benefit will start to be realized.

It's a marathon, not a sprint and this deal, while terrible, is better than DOH.

Gup

The current deal is a ******************** sandwich but the "best" it is for a Tranny is DOH -2 years up to about DOH-4 years.

In 2013 the 717 will become a SYSTEM bid and in 2020 the entire SLI benefit will start to be realized.

It's a marathon, not a sprint and this deal, while terrible, is better than DOH.

Gup

I agree, lets just get it over with and get the party started.

How bout -1.

Still think its a bad idea. Guy Jr to me makes 500k more than I do over the next 8 years. Sorry but I'm really having a difficult time with that.

Guy Jr. was going to be a captain weather his paycheck said Tranny or SWA.

But I'm up for argument.

Gup

I think (scary) the forward looking 0 growth projections are one way to look at the list. Also, there are options for AAI Capt to leave the left seat (don't know how many will) for the right seat for QOL. Bottom line is all left seat upgrades go to the SWA FO's before any AAI Fo's. Even in ATL.

How bout -1.

Still think its a bad idea. Guy Jr to me makes 500k more than I do over the next 8 years. Sorry but I'm really having a difficult time with that.

I dont know your position on the list but the guy junior to you was probably hired at Airtran a few years before you were at SWA.

I am in the bottom 100 at SWA. I will be 500 #s away from upgrade in 2020, But will be senior(out of 7865). QOL is everything to me. I want to see my kids grow up. If I get 27 years left in the left seat, I will be happy.LOL

Latest resources

Back