Question for Southwest guys

wilde737

Total Time
1000+
My sister is flying to Omaha on Southwest this week for a medical school interview. Do the Southwest planes have a closet that she could hang up her suit?
Thanks,
Wilde737

Whine Lover

Total Time
12000+
You ARE kidding....Right?

I want to know if they have a closet to hang up my flannel shirt ( with the arms cut off ) don't wanna' get no peanut stains on 'er. Dat's not right.

Seriously, if she asks the Captain real nice like...He might let her put it in the Cockpit Coat Closet Area Thing.

I used to anyway...Unless the Chick was really fat or ugly. Is your Sister fat or ugly? I am unemployed and might consider driving her suit down for her, if de price is right....

Buy my product.

KornHolio

Last edited:

roughneck

Total Time
No closet, but tell her to checkin early so she can board early. Have her put her roller bag down and then her hanging bag on top of that. She can ask the crew if she can hang it up in the front. They will probably not care.

Sorry, no closet.

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
tell your sis to freak out if they don't so we can see her on that a&e airline show that features swa.

wilde737

Total Time
1000+
Sorry but you guys need a life! I asked a serious, and important question to my sister, and you turn it into your own screwed up agenda. Some airlines, have a closet in the first class section, or in the galley, that coats can be hung up in. I have never flown Southwest, and did not know the answer to this question. I'm sorry that I don't know the configuration of every airplane, for every different airline. I digress....thanks for being professional! I guess I should have known, Flightinfo

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
The way the loads have been this past week, she will probably have her own overhead bin.

Just my 2 cents.

DH2WN

Total Time
7000+
Is she hot? If so, tell her to go right to the captain and ask to hang it in the closet up front. By pass the FAs because they will shoot her down. If she is F-ugly then best of luck. Tell her to get a hotel room and iron it beforehand.

Last edited:

relief tube

Total Time
My sister is flying to Omaha on Southwest this week for a medical school interview. Do the Southwest planes have a closet that she could hang up her suit?
Thanks,
Wilde737

"Southwest planes"?

Looks like more and more passengers are finding out about this website. Soon we'll be answering questions on delays and lost luggage.

wilde737

Total Time
1000+
"Southwest planes"?

Looks like more and more passengers are finding out about this website. Soon we'll be answering questions on delays and lost luggage.

I'm sorry I do fly for the airlines and have never flown on Southwest. When it comes to ironing it in the hotel room, how many shirts have you ruined from the iron provided in the room? I have ruined several over the years. I would have asked a friend, but unfortunately I don't have any friends that have gone to Southwest. I've been here for a while, not someone asking about lost luggage. Thanks for the constructive answer to my easy question though!

Whataburger

Total Time
40teen
A few of the Captains I've flown with have offered the cockpit hanging area to passengers with garment bags. When a passenger outright asks, most of the Captains say, "sure." We do not have any closets on any of our planes. Our "A" flight attendants will instruct her to lay it over bags in the bins. So she has to get past the gatekeeper.

wilde737

Total Time
1000+
Whataburger,
Thanks for the honest reply. Kind of refreshing around here. I told her different ways that she could pack it, but she's extremely nervious about this interview, and really want to hang it up. Thanks again,
Wilde737

waveflyer

Total Time
can she get there a day early and get it cleaned again? if it's a life changing day- it's worth a day in the hotel

Chest Rockwell

Total Time
>250
Many will not allow bags in the cockpit. I've got a feeling that the FAA/TSA might not think too highly of it.

pilot772

Total Time
a few
Thanks,
Wilde737

Which School UNMC (university of Nebraska Medical Center) or Creighton? My wife is a 2nd year Med student at UNMC and went to Creighton for undergrad. both are great schools but UNMC is about 60K less over 4 years. Tell your sis good luck and if she gets in she'll really like OMA, we sure do.:beer:

wilde737

Total Time
1000+
She is interviewing at Creighton tomorrow morning. I've always thought that Omaha was a pretty nice place. Hopefully she does well.
Wilde737

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
I've had a few things stored up front. I don't care and don't mind, but room is limited.

I work for Jetblue. We don't have closets either. Sometimes the crew wouldn't mind. But, then if one see's us doing it...then everyone with a garmet bag or something will want the same treatment...so we don't do that sort of thing all the time.

Last few items I had were two wedding dresses (2 different days) and then this big ass framed painting one day.

As far as TSA...in my opinion, it's screened just like my bag was. Then...common sense. If the guy/girl appears creepy or something...then a polite "no".