Question for RAH Pilots Regarding Frontier Intgration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Rumor only; I heard that the RAH Teamsters President sent a letter to Republic leadership asking to discuss the integration of the "single list" integration of F9 pilots and RAH pilots. Any truth to that?

As a follow up, I've read publicly where RAH management wishes to keep F9 operations separate and distinct, i.e. fenced off from RAH integration in terms of brand but to use current RAH assets to generate revenue that would long term benefit RAH.

Question, is it realisitc to see the F9 pilots merge into a single seniority list with RAH? As I understand the current RAH contract, this is required, planes flown by RAH (i.e. F9) are to be manned by RAH pillots. Since there is only one seniority list, what is the outlook for combining these lists and what hurdles exist to consolidate that list (if the poster believes it to be true.)

Lastly, in the case of Midwest assets being bought and their employees becoming RAH employees, is this is a possible harbinger of things to occur for F9 employees?

I'm not trying to flame or start a riot but am interested in what mechanisms are in place on both sides (F9 promises from RAH leadership or RAH current contracts/obligations).

The precedent is there with all of RAH's other certificates. They are "separate" operations, but all one seniority list.

I've heard it's a pain to bid from one to the other.

I heard a rumor that last week the Frontier union was informed that they will be merged into the Republic seniority list. The Frontier union walked out of the meeting. The next day, they came back to the table. I can tell you that my rumor is from a pretty reliable source.

I heard a rumor that last week the Frontier union was informed that they will be merged into the Republic seniority list. The Frontier union walked out of the meeting. The next day, they came back to the table. I can tell you that my rumor is from a pretty reliable source.

I thought there was some deal that stated that even the most junior F9 pilot would get to upgrade on the buses first, and then Republic pilots after that.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hockey,

Thanks for the response. The scenario as you described is the "fly-in-the-ointment" of RAH's successful bid for F9. It was precisely the same dilemma that SWAPA was faced with but in our case there was a clock in the room and we ran out of time.

Asking for first the opinions of RAH pilots, what are the expectations of you and other RAH pilots in terms of the following:

1. The location of the F9 pilots on your seniority list; staple, DOH, ratio, etc.

2. How much difference is there between the pay of F9 pilots and RAH pilots and has the reduction in pay occurred yet?

3. What are the terms of the contract for negotiating new pay scales for new RAH aircarft such as the airbuses?

4. Now that airbuses are on the property, what positions do you and others take in regards to the pay and "if" a rebid for those airbus seats is appropriate for the pillots on the RAH single seniority list?

I would also like to hear from ex-F9 pilots who are now flying for RAH and your thoughts. Any promises or actual contractual fences that were negotiated would be useful information to those who may learn from the process. My apologies if the questions are too probing or hit a nerve....not my intent at all.

After what happened to Midwest pilots and their aircraft, I believe most persons were oblivious to that process and yet 100+ of these fine pilots are out of job in the near future.

For the education of all that read this forum, chronicling what occurs with the F9/RAH acquisition will be a great lesson for all those who are interested.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hockey,

Thanks for the response. The scenario as you described is the "fly-in-the-ointment" of RAH's successful bid for F9. It was precisely the same dilemma that SWAPA was faced with but in our case there was a clock in the room and we ran out of time.

Asking for first the opinions of RAH pilots, what are the expectations of you and other RAH pilots in terms of the following:

1. The location of the F9 pilots on your seniority list; staple, DOH, ratio, etc.

2. How much difference is there between the pay of F9 pilots and RAH pilots and has the reduction in pay occurred yet?

3. What are the terms of the contract for negotiating new pay scales for new RAH aircarft such as the airbuses?

4. Now that airbuses are on the property, what positions do you and others take in regards to the pay and "if" a rebid for those airbus seats is appropriate for the pillots on the RAH single seniority list?

I would also like to hear from ex-F9 pilots who are now flying for RAH and your thoughts. Any promises or actual contractual fences that were negotiated would be useful information to those who may learn from the process. My apologies if the questions are too probing or hit a nerve....not my intent at all.

After what happened to Midwest pilots and their aircraft, I believe most persons were oblivious to that process and yet 100+ of these fine pilots are out of job in the near future.

For the education of all that read this forum, chronicling what occurs with the F9/RAH acquisition will be a great lesson for all those who are interested.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I wish I could answer your questions, but I don't fly for any of the Republic airlines anymore. I know a lot of pilots at Republic and Midwest though so I hear both sides. The Republic pilots that I talk to think the merger will go something like this. The Frontier pilots will be ratio merged with the Republic captains, the top 63 Midwest pilots will be placed just below the most junior Republic captain, and other 300-plus Midwest pilot will be ratio merged with the Republic first officers. They are expecting some fences also, but nothing permanent. IMHO, if the merger goes this way, the Midwest pilots are getting treated extremely unfairly, but this is the expectations of what most Republic pilots expect to happen. They believe it is fair because the Midwest pilots are bringing no jobs to the table. The Midwest pilots believe that any and all EMB 190 and 170 flying with the Midwest paint-job should belong to them. The entire situation is a mess and will go to arbitration due to the disagreements. The Midwest pilots know this so don't even want to try negotiating because they know there will be no agreement. I hope I've answered some of your questions.

Hockey,

Sorry for the false assumption.

My understanding is the last Midwest pilot leaves the property in Nov. Are you referencing the Frontier pilots in your reply above?

In the interest of keeping facts separate from "rumor", this is not accurate.

There will eventually be a merged master seniority list at RAH, and everyone at F9 expected this to happen. Most actually prefer it to happen.

Time will tell how the SLI shakes out.

"I would also like to hear from ex-F9 pilots who are now flying for RAH and your thoughts."

Chase, nice shot there. You almost got me going.

SS,

I didn't mean to slight anyone, I wasn't sure how to refer to the F9 pilots since as either ex, current or RAH....the purpose for the post was to see what the reality of the situation is.

Your reference to the preferred option in your opinion is for F9 pilots was to be on a single seniority list....is that correct?

Any thoughts on what the sentiment of the F9 pilot group is when it comes to the type of melding of the lists?

Perspectives from the Republic perspective also?

My desire is not to stir the pot but clearly see what both sides of the arguement are and how, to the extent that persons from the inside wish to share and educate others in the profession, see how this plays out and then continue to judge how the process works out. There are valuable lessons to learn as this is unfolding and hearing first hand from persons shines some light to the challenges we all face in this industry.

Thanks again in advance.

Latest resources

Back