• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Piston freight dogs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you probably shouldn't even consider being a freight dog if you have to ask that question.

sounds to me like you're wussing out already.

FG

Steve said:
How many flights do you cancel because of weather on a average month?

I don't know but, I hear hardly EVER!!

MVSW:

do yourself a favor and get off the cargo board.

obvioulsy, you never flew freight and opted instead to come straight out of that flight school with 500TT and jerk gear at a regional.

dumb a$$.

FG

Steve said:

I flew freight for two years totally over 2000 hours. There was not one flight that was canceled for weather. If weather freaks you out, don't fly freight. On the other hand, if weather freaks you out, don't fly at all!

freighterguy said:
you probably shouldn't even consider being a freight dog if you have to ask that question.

sounds to me like you're wussing out already.

FG

Sh*t,

A guy asks a honest question and all of a sudden I'm a wuss? Let me guess, you got beat up in highschool a lot.

Steve said:

Steve, this is a rough crowd here.

Let me put it this way - if it's legal weather, you're going to launch.

Now we all know legal doesn't necessarily mean safe, and what the most operators will expect from you is to launch and take a look. If you don't feel comfortable pressing on, you come back or divert - at least you tried, and that's it. No questions asked...

This is where you'll gain true PIC experience, and I'll tell you, it was the best and the most fun flying I've done in my career.

Closest I've seen a route to getting cancelled due to weather, is having it modified when hurricanes hit and close the airports. Otherwise, if it is open, you go.

Freight Dog:

I am not minding my manners these days, for that I am sorry. It miffs me how someone who sweats wx would even consider a career in flying. I remember listening to you over the radio, on a dark lonely night, in the middle of the desert, near the London Bridge flying freight simply because it was a means to a better end. (Sorry about the run on sentence)

Steve:

Like I said...

FG

FG,

You've never once wished you had the night off when you learn your about to launch into an area with severe icing?

Never chosen the wrong path around a thunderstorm, wished you had taken a different route?

Never scared yourself, not even once, while flying?

Latest resources

Back