• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Which applies to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Youngest of two, right hand dominant, only have a problem with ladders when someone is shaking it - when I was on a roofing crew

Bottom of five, right handed, love heights but scared of widths! I can't spell worth sh8t though.

Left Handed/First Born

Fear of heights is mild but defintely there. I've heard of that from other experienced/proficient pilots.

Wait a minute!!! Now I remember...

The way I heard it was the majority of GOOD pilots are first-born, left-handed.:D

HMR
(first-born, left-handed and, did I mention, unusually good looking?)

First born and left handed.
I love being on a roof, climb a ladder... but in some occassion like in a glass elevator, I do feel uneasy.

There must be some truth to this story as not that many people are left handed and most of the respondants were left handed. Then again maybe most right handed are staying silent.

Firstborn, disproportionately afraid of left-handers.

I'm left handed and am terrified of heights - it took ALLOT of lessons before I could fly without feeling the onset of what felt like a panic attack. Every time I looked down and saw a tower, I'd visualize the plane hitting it and tumbling to the earth in pieces. And the instructor had trouble getting me to stall the airplane completely during practice for the same reason.

But that's part, maybe the best part, of the exhilaration of flying - knowing that I've conquered the fear.

I'm first born...hell, only born...unless you count the blood clots my mother dragged out of her with a coat hangar....

and I'm afraid of heights.

-mini

Latest resources

Back