• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Which applies to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What percentag of people are left handed?

Found on Wikipedia:

Approximately 10% of the population is left-handed.

Generally, there are about 10% more male left handers than female left handers.

Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

About 15% of people replying here are left handed, though that couldn't be seen as a valid statistical sampling.

I'd bet there is some good research data on this somewhere. It would be interesting to see it.

Funny,

I'm First-born and Left-handed.

Vector4fun said:
Dad was second, he writes left handed. (played sports right handed though)..

Heh, I thought I was the only one that did that. Writing and eating left handed, everything else is done right handed.

BTW, I'm terrified of heights (especially high balconies for some reason), but am not the first born.

-DJ

First born, right handed, somewhat afraid of heights (not in airplanes, and I still like rock climbing). But I married a left hander!

So most pilots are first borns. Well, aren't there more first borns in the world than any others? Wouldn't most jobs have more first borns? Think about it, as you go further and further down the sibling chain, there's going to be a smaller percentage of the population. How many 7th borns are pilots for example? Not that many because we don't have many families with 7 kids.

I've heard left handers have higher incidences of genious and madness.

1st born and left-handed....go figure. Not afraid of heights, tho.

First Born and Adopted (Mother was 18 and had no money...thanks!)

Right handed, kick with both left and right on the soccer field and only bat from the third base side of the plate.

Not afraid of heights but you wouldn't find me in one of those pictures where they've got 3 forklifts stacked on one another with a ladder at the top with some numbnut trying to change a lightbulb. Worked on a roof and jumped out of a perfectly good airplane twice when I was flying jumpers. Not sure how the airplane made it back in such good shape ;)

First born, right handed.

Afraid of the Green Bean Lady, a giant (fat) mythical creature that sits on little boys who do not finish their green beans. Thanks dad.

W

first born, right handed.....so was my pops......
no problem with heights......
my younger brother however is an artist, right handed, but man he wants to fly.....oh wait he does...everytime he sparks up...he might be on to something here.......no furloughs, no senority.....just the man bringn' ya down....pigs.....

Latest resources

Back