Question for NJA pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joel

I am a new hire in the Citation X. Some of the information the company has sent out says they will issue Telex 750 headsets to all the pilots. While in training I heard that may not be true. Before I sell my headsets can anyone shed any light on the subject? Does anyone know who at the company I can call to get a definitive answer?? Thanx........................Joel

A while back, they were going to issue headsets to each aircraft. Im not sure if that ever happened......i think that it didnt. Keep your old headsets.

Im not sure who you call to get an answer to this one. They are still being issued during indoc last I knew.

1900cpt

I just finished all of my training in the Ultra and am now waiting to start IOE. The company issued headsets on the next to last day of Indoc along with our pagers. Now like I say that is for the Ultra, so, I'm not sure what the policy is regarding the X. If you're in indoc, ask your instructor.

The Citation Xs have two headsets available in the cockpit with a spare in the closet. I know that pilots in both the X and the XL programs have turned their headsets to the company (company issued). Ear seals and mic covers are available on request and several pilots, including myself, carry spares with us.

As far as personal headsets. The company's "official" position is that all pilots will wear the Telex 750s for standardization during all pax flights.

ARe the 750's ANR?

ARe those telex 750's anr or the old fashioned telephone operator headsets?

You carry your own mic and ear covers? For germ control or what?

Thanks.

Turbinehead.

Re: ARe the 750's ANR?

Turbinehead said:
ARe those telex 750's anr or the old fashioned telephone operator headsets?

You carry your own mic and ear covers? For germ control or what?Turbinehead.

Standard 750s. Remember, they WERE company issue.
Besides, not much need for ANR in a jet.
Also, unless the other pilot has an identical ANR, it tends to mess up the intercom.

Spare covers because after a few weeks/months in the cockpit, the old covers turn yellow and disintegrate.

Thanx for the info. I guess based on what NJA Capt is saying then I will not need my own Headset. I have a Telex 750, but if the company has them in the airplane and I have my own ear and mic covers that should work. I guess I will sell mine. Anyone interested??

Joel,
You won't need your own headset. All NJA airplanes except the ultra have headsets that stay in the airplane. The only crews that get issued headsets are Ultra crews. Its nice not having to carry around your own stuff. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back