• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Netjet pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info, I found your post insightful. The 15 day flex schedule appeals to me the most, are junior people able to hold it on most fleets?

For the most part, yes. (The short tours appeal to me as well, although fewer drives to the airport is nice, too... I'll probably flop between the schedules now and then.)

Our union guys put together these terrific "Fleet Report Cards" that let you see at a glance what each fleet's statistics are. Just glancing through the most recent one, nobody was forced onto the 15-day schedule (it can be junior-assigned), and only one of the fleets (the Falcon 2000EX, which is a very small fleet) was at the 10% maximum. So, if my analysis is correct, anybody who wanted the 15-day was able to get it.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like those fleet report cards were only looking at PICs for that data, but I imagine the SIC numbers are similar.

Last edited:
Stop one of us and ask

I mentioned this in a prior post within this thread and I'll say it again.

Any of you guys looking for info don't hesitate to ask a "gold" tie wearing pilot you may see. Some of our guys do like to sit and relax in a terminal or on a flight so tread lightly when you approach. But most of us will talk and answer any of your questions. Most of our pilot group doesn't believe we are better then any other company; we only believe we are lucky and enjoying our QOL right now.

Good luck to any during these crazy times. Cheers!

Do they dead head you around on airlines as well as dead heading Net jet flights? I've never "dead headed" here in a company plane. Ever!
It usually happens more when the summer interns are given a computer to play with. I have ridden in the BAe 800 & 1000, Ultra, Excel, and X several times and the 400XP and EASy once each.

PS...If something happens to NJA I plan on getting out of aviation also. No way would I apply to an airline after this. I don't even enjoy riding on airlines anymore, why would I want to work for one.

Last edited:
So, if my analysis is correct, anybody who wanted the 15-day was able to get it.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like those fleet report cards were only looking at PICs for that data, but I imagine the SIC numbers are similar.

I was able to hold the 15 day during the first trimester of the IBB. I was unable to hold it though (October 07 hire date) during the second and current bid period due to not enough PIC's bidding it on the Ultra. I counted 10 PIC's that bid it so only 10 SIC's were awarded it. Same thing happened with the 18 day on the Ultra as well. About 40 PIC's bid it so 40 SIC's were awarded it. This left the most 30 junior Ultra SIC's or so awarded the 7/7 by default.

It just depends on how the PIC's bid on each fleet basically. It's hard to say whether or not you can hold the 15 day right away as a junior SIC. I'm going to bid for it again for the last trimester and see what happens since I prefer it over the 7/7.

these are all good questions to ask and I applaud anyone doing the homework prior to submitting an app. If however you want a shortcut - just walk up to any gold-tie pilot you come across and ask this:

Would you ever consider going back to a 121 carrier?

If you found more than 3 out of 50 who said yes, I'd be shocked.......:D

How about:
"would you ever considder going back to a 91 operator, work 3-4 days a week w/ 4 overnights a month?"
How many of those do you think would go back to 91?

How about:
"would you ever considder going back to a 91 operator, work 3-4 days a week w/ 4 overnights a month?"
How many of those do you think would go back to 91?

What kind of compensation package and job security are we talking about?

Latest resources

Back