• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Netjet pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my previous life I flew the 727 and loved it, that being said if my airline was reborn tomorrow, I would say "thank you,but no thank you", I am very happy here at NJA, we have a grand thing going here ladies,and gents.

I consider myself fully recovered from 121 now.

I couldn't imagine living in that world now, much less looking back.

I know ,the peace of mind from no commuting alone....

Hi guys,

Just looked on the Airline Pilot Central website and it shows the Netjets page last updated on July 15, 2008 and "hiring stopped." I've read other threads about sim availability backing things up. Any news? I just did the phone interview today and there was no mention of it. Thanks for the help.

Ok. dont laugh but I'm interested in how former airline guys(or girls) like it at Netjets as compared with airline life. Thanks in advance.

I came from the regionals, but passed on 2 Legacy carrier interviews in 2007 (THANK GOD). I applied to them before we got our latest pay increase in Dec. 2007

I love Netjets, no desire to go back to airline flying. If one day I do something stupid and NJ tells me to go, I'd try getting a good corporate job, maybe Fedex and UPS. If that fails, I guess I'd swing a hammer for the rest of my life, probably get out of flying. The only airline kicking ass right now is SW, and that type of flying does not appeal to me at all.

Last edited:
I am very happy at netjets..I came from the regional world. I would never go back. I would not go to a legacy or freight operator either now that I have seen the light.

The one thing alot of people forget is that NJ used to require 2500 hrs TT and would only pay you 27K a year to start. I made Jack &h!t at the regional level when I started out, but I also only had 1000 hr TT, all in 172's and seminoles.

The low pay and high min requirements is what is the big thing that kept me from applying. As soon as I heard about the IBB and the new pay scales there was no question in my mind about where my future was going to be!

Last edited:
Just my 2c worth. I was forced to leave the majors, turned 60 before the rule changed. If I had been 9 days older, I would still be there. I am lucky enough to be at NJ now (start my 1st IOE tour tomorrow). A year ago, a friend at NJ told me that, although he hoped I would make the age 65 cut, if I did not and in a year was at NJ, I might be happier. He was right. It is great to work for a company that realizes the value of the employees and works hard to keep them happy. Also I don't get heartburn every time the news talks about how bad things are at the airlines these days. True, I would be making more and have 30+ years of seniority, but I sleep better now.

Hey, Helm, their loss is our gain...:)

Cl65, my husband was furloughed from AA after 9/11 and has no regrets at all over how things worked out. He prefers the variety found in the fractional style of flying, no stress over commuting to work, and the greater sense of security others have mentioned. My husband also enjoys having more interaction with the pax and being paired with a fellow pilot for longer tours because the camaraderie among the NJ pilots is higher as a result. NJW

Latest resources

Back