• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Hawker Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After take off if you hold 1500lb flow a side at 250knots to 10k and keep bumping it up on the same profile as above until the greenlights come on usually about 15-17k you will burn around 1950-*2000 your first hour. Just remember 250 is 250 no matter what your flow is set for and it doesnt effect your climb that much if your not trying to clear anything. Just a technique we use on the 800xp if we need to save fuel.

I flew with a fella that swore by 250 to .62 in an 800. It was brutal,he liked filing high (370 and above) even fairly heavy. It was amusing to see how long it took to accelerate to .75. It would just get stuck in the mid-upper .60's. Very frustating. But yet he wouldnt change. Oh well previous company.

I feel your pain. For some reason, H25B drivers are famous for climbing that thing with a slow forward speed, giving themselves the shaft once they get up top.

In my Hawker days, flew with guys that would rationalize that technique saying that the quicker they got up high, the more fuel they would save. True, if you were able to accelerate right away, but in the Hawker 800A, that is simply not going to happen, as you are going to be a plow at max power praying for the nose to come down.

I think the Hawker is a great airplane, with some old school systems and technology that still has lots of use to this day. Not all that fast, but nothing that'll really kill you or get you hurt either(Flaps 0 at T/O, no problem; Have one roll back after V1? Cool, if you want, you can keep your feet flat on the floor and you'll be just fine). Just a well built, solid airplane riddled with redundancy.

I'm doing the G450 thing now, so I've gone from 1 extreme to the other, but that Hawker is a mack truck I'd put my family on any day of the week.

I flew with a fella that swore by 250 to .62 in an 800. It was brutal,he liked filing high (370 and above) even fairly heavy. It was amusing to see how long it took to accelerate to .75. It would just get stuck in the mid-upper .60's. Very frustating. But yet he wouldnt change. Oh well previous company.

The Hawker is a great plane. 4-4.5 hr range in the 800A with wings only (5.5 with ventral). I try and climb at the fastest airspeed possible. I've noticed that if you speed up then climb (.68-.70) you get the same rate as if you were slower (.62 and below). Getting behind the power curve happens to some.

Latest resources

Back