Question for Flex guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask the Question

The global program plays exactly 0% into Flexjet's seniority. It's stand alone dedicated aircraft piggybacking jet solutions certificate.

Wrong.

The "Goobal" pilots are on the Flexjet Seniority list.

Deny all you want.

It matters.

So, ask the question of DW or JW.

Ohhhh, I don't know why, maybe because you have put x# of years into a company, then someone comes in, slings gear, gets coffee, papers, ice, and catering, sits around while the captain does the vast majority of the work and responsibility, and is getting paid almost twice as much.

So they can bring Options guys over, pay them whatever they want, put them where they want. Let's say some of the guys cut a deal with KR and go directly to the CL350.
Let's also say that they cut a deal for the pay, 1 that is even better than the scale that they put out. KR can do what he wants, there were multiple deals on salaries done in the old days.

So now you have an Options guy riding in the right seat of a brand new CL350 making $180K a yr.

And that doesn't bother you, all because they didn't cut your pay! Bravo!

Is this what you think of your FOs? I bet people LOVE flying with you.

There will probably be options guys going into the right seat of the challengers in the near future.

The only thing that really bothers me about this whole plan is that they don't have to interview and we could end up with someone like you here.

If this is such a big deal to you guys, tell you union to grow a spine and stop this. Or better yet, show how well the options pilot group can stand together and make sure no one takes this offer. I don't think calling them scabs is the way to go. Oh well, there goes that standing together thing.

Still waiting for the post of your letter you received.

Ohhhh, I don't know why, maybe because you have put x# of years into a company, then someone comes in, slings gear, gets coffee, papers, ice, and catering, sits around while the captain does the vast majority of the work and responsibility, and is getting paid almost twice as much.

Is this what you think of your FOs? I bet people LOVE flying with you.

Not what I think.
It's exactly what you think, in fact straight outta your mouth

5-1-14
I think you would enjoy swinging gear for me.

Heck, you might even get to fly a few empty legs.

You sure have a lot of what if's but no facts. I can tell you without hesitation that if any of those things happen then there is an excellent chance that some action might possibly be taken by the FJ pilots. Does that make you feel better?

WHEN the transition pilots are cut a new deal, and WHEN FJ even has a new CL350 for them to sit in, we'll talk. Until then your just fear mongering.

Give it a rest and be happy that FJ is taking you problem children. You won't have to carry them anymore, you're welcome.

YGTBSM!!! What a toad!

Luckydog, almost a year ago, I asked the Flex pilots to keep a simple list of all the changes that were occurring. Some of the changes would sound logical & some would seem odd. Some you wouldn't care anything about and some would have a definite impact on your job, your livelihood, and your career. Have you looked at that list recently? At what point will you admit to yourself that all these changes aren't in our best interest?

It sounds like you're looking for something in plain old black and white. Politics and business practices and labor relations and yes, some relationships don't work that way. You've got to look at everything else, accepting that only rarely are events spelled out with openness and honesty.

It ain't fear-mongering to tell you to watch out for the thunderstorm in front of you. You can stare at it all you want, but the time to deviate isn't when you're smack dab plowing through it watching your wings flap up and down. It's before-hand, looking out ahead, realizing there's a problem in front of you that you need to pay attention to.

Latest resources

Back