• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Flex guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Luckydog, almost a year ago, I asked the Flex pilots to keep a simple list of all the changes that were occurring. Some of the changes would sound logical & some would seem odd. Some you wouldn't care anything about and some would have a definite impact on your job, your livelihood, and your career. Have you looked at that list recently? At what point will you admit to yourself that all these changes aren't in our best interest?

It sounds like you're looking for something in plain old black and white. Politics and business practices and labor relations and yes, some relationships don't work that way. You've got to look at everything else, accepting that only rarely are events spelled out with openness and honesty.

It ain't fear-mongering to tell you to watch out for the thunderstorm in front of you. You can stare at it all you want, but the time to deviate isn't when you're smack dab plowing through it watching your wings flap up and down. It's before-hand, looking out ahead, realizing there's a problem in front of you that you need to pay attention to.

It's interesting that you should mention the list of accomplishments in the last year, I was thinking about that very subject last week.

On the plus side:
We were paid a very nice bonus as promised.
In just the last couple of months there has been some movement in the fleets, a few upgrades and transitions.
A Global program was opened.

On the down side:
No pay scale increase (not expected, but always hoped for).
Still no fleet growth.
The Global program was mostly staffed by ex-mgmt pilots, mostly from FLOPS.
The door has been opened for the hiring of pilots without an interview.
Not much has been said about the 2014 bonus program.
Sounds like the new uniforms are already decided (me no like the rumored winning outfit).

On the "we'll see how it goes" side:
Additional bases were opened at the cost of a new scheduling model for those that participate in the plan.

So I guess I continue doing what I've been doing and give it another year.

My question to you is what do you think the FJ pilots are going to do, march in on KR and tell him Hell no, we're not going to continue to take his money under these status quo working conditions!

FLOPs has the IBT, the pilots are the union, blah, blah. You guys want to be in charge? Then do something. Be a force that makes every reasonable FJ pilot want to be a member. From what I've seen the IBT has done less than KR.

Your new world!

I keep reading a bunch of semantics about pay scale, seniority, aircraft assignment. Forget about it! That is old fashioned union lingo. You are an at-will employee, for real!

What has happened is your Mom and Dad just got divorced. Dad moved back to Montreal. New Dad is being very nice to you right now. He and Mom are combining their checking accounts and eliminating duplicate furniture, also they are disappearing behind closed doors a lot. New Dad doesn't appear to have the stellar and consistent career that Old Dad did. New Dad has kids from his previous marriage. He and they seem to be talking about you behind your back. Your new step-brother is paying with your stuff without asking. This makes you uncomfortable.

Old Dad is not paying all his child-support, New Dad is saying. This makes New Dad very angry. New Dad does not always have the money to pay the bills. He seems to blame you! New Dad buys new snowmobiles even though only Mom is currently employed. You haven't received a new piece of clothing for six months. Mom seems to be crying a lot.

Two years later... New Dad is an ***********************************, and Step-Brother has broken or stolen most of your good stuff, from when Old Dad was around.

Hey Flex guys, this scenario has relevance to your situation!

I keep reading a bunch of semantics about pay scale, seniority, aircraft assignment. Forget about it! That is old fashioned union lingo. You are an at-will employee, for real!

What has happened is your Mom and Dad just got divorced. Dad moved back to Montreal. New Dad is being very nice to you right now. He and Mom are combining their checking accounts and eliminating duplicate furniture, also they are disappearing behind closed doors a lot. New Dad doesn't appear to have the stellar and consistent career that Old Dad did. New Dad has kids from his previous marriage. He and they seem to be talking about you behind your back. Your new step-brother is paying with your stuff without asking. This makes you uncomfortable.

Old Dad is not paying all his child-support, New Dad is saying. This makes New Dad very angry. New Dad does not always have the money to pay the bills. He seems to blame you! New Dad buys new snowmobiles even though only Mom is currently employed. You haven't received a new piece of clothing for six months. Mom seems to be crying a lot.

Two years later... New Dad is an ***********************************, and Step-Brother has broken or stolen most of your good stuff, from when Old Dad was around.

Hey Flex guys, this scenario has relevance to your situation!

Hahahah, that sums it up perfectly.

Semantics? The one question that we can't answer now is" With a 2 year LOA, why are they comparing pay scales in year 6+?". Its the next incremental step that worries me.

Latest resources

Back