• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for FDX Poolies...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, my sponser did stop by to see what was up...

Official answer. "We don't know. When we get told to staff a class, we will start calling. Right now, just waiting on the bean counters to call us."

I really don't see what the holdup is. Could somebody please enlighten me....

-FedEx is understaffed now,
-'bean counters' have stated a need for 70 new hires/month,
-The 'bean counters' have stated a need for 100 MD FOs & 20 Bus FOs,
-Passover pay isn't an issue until a new hire COMPLETES IOE,
-The LOA, if passes, would not offer a move package for newbies until AFTER IOE,
-They usually give 2 weeks advance notice before indoc,
-Indoc is 2 weeks long, and
Even if the MOAB takes another 2-3 months to happen,

What is preventing them from running a new hire class??

(I know, quit whinning. I have respect for the 2 year poolies of past, and I know I'm the luckiest SOB out there, but the lack of info is starting to drive a guy crazy.)

FDXFO2007 said:
I don't want to steer this thread away from its intention so I apologize in advance if I do so.

I am beginning to prep for the FedEx interview and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a couple on things for me. I am interested in doing some interview prep. I have already checked out emerald coast.. is there anyone else that does prep for the interview? Does anyone have contact info for the sim prep? It seems like everyone uses this guy in Memphis named AJ, can someone PM me his info please? What is the best way to study for the computer testing? Anything else anyone can think of that helped out when they went through would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help-

Use ECIC and they'll set you up with AJ...looks like he already did. Talk with all your buddies who have interviewed recently, then sit back and enjoy the ride.

Relax, It's FedEx!

Purple Nugget said:
Well, my sponser did stop by to see what was up...

Official answer. "We don't know. When we get told to staff a class, we will start calling. Right now, just waiting on the bean counters to call us."

I really don't see what the holdup is. Could somebody please enlighten me....

-FedEx is understaffed now,
-'bean counters' have stated a need for 70 new hires/month,
-The 'bean counters' have stated a need for 100 MD FOs & 20 Bus FOs,
-Passover pay isn't an issue until a new hire COMPLETES IOE,
-The LOA, if passes, would not offer a move package for newbies until AFTER IOE,
-They usually give 2 weeks advance notice before indoc,
-Indoc is 2 weeks long, and
Even if the MOAB takes another 2-3 months to happen,

What is preventing them from running a new hire class??

(I know, quit whinning. I have respect for the 2 year poolies of past, and I know I'm the luckiest SOB out there, but the lack of info is starting to drive a guy crazy.)

I know its frustrating to wait but your going to give yourself an ulser......

FedEx is a huge buracracy...and things will happen when they happen. Manning is subjective, and until they start to cancel flights there won't be any "fire to hire".(....I just made that up).

As far all as there other numbers...take them for what they are....RUMORS...and until it happens it may never happen. I've been here about 5 years and I can't even count the number of "confirmed" rumors that never happened...from the 737's to the 7000 by 2007.

So get a drink, put your feet up, and take some comfort in the fact that you will eventually work here.

Latest resources

Back