Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Have any poolies called KD or H.R. for an update or possible class dates?

If the company is waiting for the mysterous bid to close before putting newhires into the right seat then the pool won't start getting drained until early to mid-May. I know we need the bodies with all the training and new widebodies coming on property.

I know the company is asking for vacation cancellations and offering to buy back your time from your family. Please think long and hard about this contract we DO NOT HAVE and the effects it has. Thats all I'm going to say.

PurpleTail said:

If the company is waiting for the mysterous bid to close before putting newhires into the right seat then the pool won't start getting drained until early to mid-May. I know we need the bodies with all the training and new widebodies coming on property.

I know the company is asking for vacation cancellations and offering to buy back your time from your family. Please think long and hard about this contract we DO NOT HAVE and the effects it has. Thats all I'm going to say.
The pool letter we received specifically said not to call to find out the status of training dates or for any other reason. I doubt you'll find too many of us willing to disregard that and call anyway. I did hear throught the grapevine that sending us to training is not necessarily contingent upon the MOAB being settled but I don't see how that could work. So, bottom line is there is absolutely no news......

PurpleTail said:

Malter1 said:
The pool letter we received specifically said not to call to find out the status of training dates or for any other reason. I doubt you'll find too many of us willing to disregard that and call anyway.

It's killing me!! I am so glad to be in the pool, but wish I could be in training!! I agree with Malter1. I've thought about calling, but know I probably shouldn't. I'm doing my best to be patient. Good luck to all fellow poolies! I hope to see you in MEM soon! :D

Some of us were in the pool for 2 years. So please no one start whining till at least 2008.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone will be waiting two years this time, but honestly...with a summer to share with family and negotiations going on, and I cannot imagine too many guys will sell back vacation.

AlbieF15 said:
I don't think anyone will be waiting two years this time, but honestly...with a summer to share with family and negotiations going on, and I cannot imagine too many guys will sell back vacation.

I wish that were true, Albie

AlbieF15 said:

I hope you are right. Spend as much time with your family as possible is a GREAT idea, particularly THIS summer. No need to run yourself into the ground with the 'old' pay scale.

ONE MORE DAY OF RETRO PAY :D

I don't want to steer this thread away from its intention so I apologize in advance if I do so.

I am beginning to prep for the FedEx interview and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a couple on things for me. I am interested in doing some interview prep. I have already checked out emerald coast.. is there anyone else that does prep for the interview? Does anyone have contact info for the sim prep? It seems like everyone uses this guy in Memphis named AJ, can someone PM me his info please? What is the best way to study for the computer testing? Anything else anyone can think of that helped out when they went through would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help-

Latest resources

Back