Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Ex-Indy Air Pilots - How do you like current position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I loved flying at ACA/Indy- especially the cameraderie of flying the Dorkjet on overnights to places like YUL... those were good ol' days. However, I am VERY happy at the superior QOL, variety, and far more professional way that I'm treated by the company at NetJets. For me, a huge bonus is no more commuting.

Because I had no corporate flying experience, I was nervous at first about no longer being able to shut the cockpit door and "just fly"... but now I enjoy the extra human side of the job. Cleaning and stocking? That is a dull chore, but I find that during turns, it's aLOT easier than the shlepping of crew bags across terminals and up and down stairs every other turn the way it is done at the regionals. Besides, every other leg on average is an empty repo flight. Many a 7 day-tour I don't ever swap an airplane anymore.

On balance, I prefer frac life, but will never forget the good ol' days at ACA/Indy, mostly because of the great crews.

The ex-Indy pilots who came to ASA were a great bunch. Wish all new hires were that easy to train!

There's an absolute ton of ex-Indy guys flying for NetJets. It's funny how many familiar faces I see (or know guys I know...) and I'm a friggin' rampie on the west coast.

There's a FlyI RJ (644BR I think) parked on the ramp in Dubai at the moment! Went past it this morning!! Still got the FlyI paint job minus the tail logo!! Funny to see all the way out here!!

Seems like most FO's (and some CA's) from ACA/Indy are at other regionals...and oh boy!!!...life is grand...low pay, getting shafted by scheduling, waiting for upgrades, so-on-and-so-forth...

Oh well, at least I'm not alone in the terminal when I see all the Fly-I stickers on flight kits. Someone usually stops me once a week. Trading sob stories seems to be the norm...

Last edited:
I was at ACA/IDE from Sept 2000-Nov 2005. I never flew with such a great bunch. I miss it. However, I have no regrets trying to hang on as long as I did. I truly enjoyed it. I will only not miss the training dept. fiascos and certain hatchetmen (woman) in the training dept.

Seems like most FO's (and some CA's) from ACA/Indy are at other regionals...and oh boy!!!...life is grand...low pay, getting shafted by scheduling, waiting for upgrades, so-on-and-so-forth...

Oh well, at least I'm not alone in the terminal when I see all the Fly-I stickers on flight kits. Someone usually stops me once a week. Trading sob stories seems to be the norm...

Those regionals are lucky to have them, although they will never realize it.

We got stuck with one who came of the street flew f o a month and jumped the whole seniıorıty list and upgraded. Looks lıke with the last layoff he might be hanging in there close. Dıdnt ACA have a union what would have happened if you jumped the entıre seniorıty system and upgraded. i thought they preached integrity but iguess not.

It sounds like you have a justifiable complaint with your current company, not ACA. The union at ACA would not have allowed someone to upgrade out of seniority there. Your current company must now allow that practice. I assume you don't have a union to fight this policy, but how is that ACA's fault?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back