Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Ex-Indy Air Pilots - How do you like current position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73 said:
Ditto! ACA was a blast

P.S. Ask him/her about the standard "Jetstream greeting" on the ramp!

aa73
Blue Ridger Jun '98-Feb '00

Thanks to everyone for the compliments about our pilot group. We did have a great group of people ( pilots, FAs, rampers, and of course were not flying without the mechanics). I always heard that we had the best group, maybe it was true.

It is also amazing how many people have bounced back and found flying jobs. This was like a swift kick in the a## to get a new ( better) job. Thanks to JB, Airtran, NJ, FLexjet and CAL, those that wanted to continue flying, are flying.

The "jetstream greeting".....is that the "jetstream salute".....(fingers in ears).

i miss it. july '99 hire and was there till the end. i met my wife there as well. it was a fun ride.

bottom of the pile at a regional again trying to stay in the game so i can move on to bigger and better things.

i must say however, that everyone at my new job has been great. very nice people and fun to work with. i have no complaints about the people i have gotten to fly with. now, the company/work rules/policies ect..... i will just say we had it fairly good at aca/indy.

LetsGoBuffs said:
now, the company/work rules/policies ect..... i will just say we had it fairly good at aca/indy.

I will also say that our Pilot group (ALPA) had a pretty strong hold on the company. The company, as most airlines do, tried to treat everyone bad, but our union leadership was quick to jump on them. The example that comes to mind was when the company tried to change our "unlimited jumpseat" policy. There was a revision in our Ops Manual saying only 1 jumpseater per plane. We screamed and yelled, and had it changed within the week.

I got on with North American Airlines in June of '05. There are currently 5 of us ex-ACA/Indy pilots there. So far we enjoy the variety of flying that NAA does, but I still miss the folks at Indy and Club ORD. It was just a fun time, even if a lot of it was spent in the penalty box or on Mike taxiway waiting for one of the F gates. It does seem most of the pilots managed to find other employment elsewhere. I guess its a testement to the quality of that pilot group.

ACA/IDE CRJ FO, to DC10 freight; now 757 FO flying pax again. Good times all around. Some awesome ACA people are here at my current job.

Full Pay to the Last Day

I am still a ACA/FlyI guy in my heart. . . like most everyone else. Wouldn't give up that experience for anything. When ACA announed the FlyI venture...pretty much every pilot was on board with the idea which was an AWESOME experience.

I mean we went through alot, such the MESA hostile takeover bid. We all rallied and thanks to a few guys such as AJ (now a real estate tycoon), we had anti MESA stickers, website and all formed. That site was aero2003.org

It was a great ride and would do it again anyday.

Well my response is more of the same. Workin at CAL now and loving it (the job, the first year pay blows), but I reallllly miss the crews and coworkers from ACA(/Jet)/Indy.

Especially loved our beloved dojet side. Had a blast flying out of NYC (expressway visual, turn inside the stadium, anyone?) and BOS til LGA closed down and was shipped out to CVG. That became a party unto itself. Everyone knew practically everybody and it was almost always a good time going to work, even if flying 6 legs a day might be a pain in the arse. When CVG closed down, our goodbye party was about a month long. It was probably best it closed down, though. I was getting a little concerned about how many times "Deliverance" was being played on the crew room TV.

Flying on the Indy side was a total blast and it felt good carrying your "own" passengers for a change. People took a lot of pride knowing that, even as we knew the end would be approaching. I lucked out and got out a couple months before the shutdown.

6.5 years and a hell of a ride..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back