Question for Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Before I ask the question, I just want to clarify that I don't think this will happen, have not heard rumors that it will, I have just heard people talk about it and I am curious to your views.
Would you Delta pilots be supportive if Delta purchased Pinnacle and the MEC's worked out a straight staple of the pinnacle pilots to the bottom of your list with the exception that for 5 years no current pinnacle pilot could lose their captain seat (to protect the lifers at pinnacle that didn't want to move on) Or
would you support a staple with no protections for pinnacle pilots at all.
Or would you not support either.

in either situation, pinnacle pilots would be on probation for 2 years and would all have to within those first 2 years have to fly a trip with a delta check airman.

Thanks just curious

before i ask the question, i just want to clarify that i don't think this will happen, have not heard rumors that it will, i have just heard people talk about it and i am curious to your views.
Would you delta pilots be supportive if delta purchased pinnacle and the mec's worked out a straight staple of the pinnacle pilots to the bottom of your list with the exception that for 5 years no current pinnacle pilot could lose their captain seat (to protect the lifers at pinnacle that didn't want to move on) or
would you support a staple with no protections for pinnacle pilots at all.
Or would you not support either.

In either situation, pinnacle pilots would be on probation for 2 years and would all have to within those first 2 years have to fly a trip with a delta check airman.

Thanks just curious

wtf could PNCL bring to the table that Delta or Delta Pilots would want? You do not own anything. No routes, no gates, no airplanes etc. This is the problem with being a lifer at a regional. You can never be sure of what the next RFP will be and from who.

Last edited:
Why would DAL purchase PNCL? Years of trying to unload CMR then they gave up and they shut their doors. Crazier things have happened I guess....

That doesn't sound like it would fit into delta's plan to cut costs on the regional lift side of things. Like RJ bum said "Crazier things have happened I guess...."

Like I said I don't think it would happen just curious how current delta pilots think. It is possible that delta could purchase pinnacle in chapter 11 near the end. Even if delta says they don't want it. It doesn't matter till the end

?

I would come closer to buying a pinnacle employee a $300,000 house, and a case of beer a month until 2030 than the proposed fantasy...but never say never

Under NWA, with different circumstances, 12 years ago, yea, maybe it could work. There was something very similar that got close, but it fell apart very close to the end.

These days? I'm kinda doubting it.

Nu

Union and company have acknowledged that delta would not be opposed to a flow however it would not be like the nwa flow they would require some restrictions or the option to decline certain pilots.apparently it is an effort to move the senior 9e on thereby reducing the staffing costs and giving 9e the chance to compete for future business.although I'm sure delta has no interest in owning 9e however they want a return on their investment by providing lift or by spinning them off.this is of course could go nowhere and 9e could go further down the drain....

The topic came up because united usair, FedEx, spirit and foreign carriers will all be snatching up pilots for one to two years before delta really starts to crank up their pilot hiring. Pinnacle/mesaba pilots 80% of them probably want to work for delta so on paper it works since pinnacle flys for only delta. But that's on paper. In real life it will never happen

Last edited:
Why would DAL purchase PNCL? Years of trying to unload CMR then they gave up and they shut their doors. Crazier things have happened I guess....

Yea, a 2 Billion dollar (plus) purchase for what...in the end? A real head scratcher.

Throw in the 600-800,000 dollar loss during the strike the cost to Delta closes in on 3 Billion dollars. I don't think they want much to do with any regional going forward.

Latest resources

Back