• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The topic came up because united usair, FedEx, spirit and foreign carriers will all be snatching up pilots for one to two years before delta really starts to crank up their pilot hiring. Pinnacle/mesaba pilots 80% of them probably want to work for delta so on paper it works since pinnacle flys for only delta. But that's on paper. In real life it will never happen

DL will most likely pick up hundreds of junior SWA pilots who can't stand the thought of stagnation and 5 leg days for decades until the senior AT pilots retire. I don't think it will be tough finding qualified pilots. Probably a lot of JB and NK pilots too looking for some variety and better benefits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

DL will most likely pick up hundreds of junior SWA pilots who can't stand the thought of stagnation and 5 leg days for decades until the senior AT pilots retire. I don't think it will be tough finding qualified pilots. Probably a lot of JB and NK pilots too looking for some variety and better benefits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS! Holy HE LL!!!!!! Are you fkciuing kidding me???? LMFAO........

SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS! Holy HE LL!!!!!! Are you fkciuing kidding me???? LMFAO........

The best part is that they were ALL relevant. Most of your posts though were creepy in nature, almost like you were "fishing for dates?", on an anonymous website? Try Craig's list you sicko.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The topic came up because united usair, FedEx, spirit and foreign carriers will all be snatching up pilots for one to two years before delta really starts to crank up their pilot hiring. Pinnacle/mesaba pilots 80% of them probably want to work for delta so on paper it works since pinnacle flys for only delta. But that's on paper. In real life it will never happen

This is something I rreally struggle with. I think that 80% number is true and I don't know why. I had been screwed multiple times by Delta/NWA. Why would I want to work for them after they treated me with absolutely no respect for the last 7 years of my life? It's like a beaten wife scenario. I just don't get it.

The best part is that they were ALL relevant. Most of your posts though were creepy in nature, almost like you were "fishing for dates?", on an anonymous website? Try Craig's list you sicko.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well, actually, half of those sixteen thousand posts were anti-SWA rants in threads he started, and then of course he's got at least a thousand random anti-SWA comments in completely unrelated threads. Like the one above in this thread. I seriously doubt the General could comment on a thread about cars or women without somehow working in a SWA slam. Whatever his problem is, it's surely pathological, and I'd bet it's very hard to pronounce.

Bubba

Well, actually, half of those sixteen thousand posts were anti-SWA rants in threads he started, and then of course he's got at least a thousand random anti-SWA comments in completely unrelated threads. Like the one above in this thread. I seriously doubt the General could comment on a thread about cars or women without somehow working in a SWA slam. Whatever his problem is, it's surely pathological, and I'd bet it's very hard to pronounce.

Bubba

Those 8000 anti-SWA posts were relavent too. Back a few years ago you guys were on fire, bragging about everything while the legacies were struggling. Well, it's turning around, and after your fiasco with AT, everyone can now see that your once perch atop the industry is starting to crumble. Your junior guys can see that stagnation and the AT merger will keep them at the bottom of the list for decades, doing 5 leggers each flying day, which nobody wants to do as they grow older.

No pathological problem here BUBBA (thank gawd that is easy to pronounce). What comes around goes around, and your group's incessant bragging and flaunting has come back to smack your heads. I can't wait to see how many of your junior pilots bail to any legacy that is hiring. That's what happens when your culture turns toxic. I remember the AT guys cheering when they heard about a possible merger with SWA. Boy did that turn around fast.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
This is something I rreally struggle with. I think that 80% number is true and I don't know why. I had been screwed multiple times by Delta/NWA. Why would I want to work for them after they treated me with absolutely no respect for the last 7 years of my life? It's like a beaten wife scenario. I just don't get it.

One answer - living in base. There are a ton of pilots at mesaba/pinnacle that live in base that all wanted to work for northwest - not delta. Delta is the only choice for them to work where they live if they want to work for a legacy. When you factor in the 10 years after 9/11 - life doesnt stop - people have families and are well established where they live. Its hard to decide to commute to usair for 57per hour second year or commute to phl.

One answer - living in base. There are a ton of pilots at mesaba/pinnacle that live in base that all wanted to work for northwest - not delta. Delta is the only choice for them to work where they live if they want to work for a legacy. When you factor in the 10 years after 9/11 - life doesnt stop - people have families and are well established where they live. Its hard to decide to commute to usair for 57per hour second year or commute to phl.

First of all, if you don't want to commute, then you are stuck. With the amount of retirements upcoming (a known fact---age 65 is still the limit), that means upward movement. It is also known that DTW and MSP are not the most popular bases anymore, far from it. Those two bases are among the most junior, except NYC, but even that base has gotten more senior because of the large amount of FNWA pilots living in the NE. So, DTW and MSP are not hard to get base wise. Then look at the commuting policy. You can reserve a jumpseat TO WORK up to 6 days in advance via the phone or computer, and it is NOT based on seniority. At UAL, if a senior guy shows up at the gate while you are waiting there, he gets the jumpseat. Not at DL. Who ever gets it in advance does, first come, first serve. Going FROM WORK is 5 days out. So, commuting is not bad at DL at all. If you live in DTW or MSP, just wait, a transfer into one of those is not tough, especially if people are retiring and there is a lot of hiring. MEM on the otherhand, may be a lot tougher. My suggestion there, go to Fedex.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back