• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody hired in the late 99s and 2000's will probably be stagnant for 3 years before any REAL movement happens......by movement, I mean 777 or 330 seats or Captain chairs on the narrowbodies.

GL can cheerlead all he wants but that is the stone cold lead pipe truth.....

We codeshare all of our flying away and this is what we get. Today an email came out that the 767 category is shrinking (selling 757s) and all those guys are gonna be "rightsized" to fly narrowbodies.....737's and below.

Like I said, no lyin.....it's alllllllll roses at the Mothership Delta

Anybody hired in the late 99s and 2000's will probably be stagnant for 3 years before any REAL movement happens......by movement, I mean 777 or 330 seats or Captain chairs on the narrowbodies.

We codeshare all of our flying away and this is what we get. Today an email came out that the 767 category is shrinking (selling 757s) and all those guys are gonna be "rightsized" to fly narrowbodies.....737's and below.

Nice to see a shred of the reality. In this career it's far better to be skeptical of 'best case' growth plans that blowhards like GL spot. He's definetly one of those types that after two hours into cruise you have to finally say "STFU with the airline talk."

Wait a second, that 767 domestic category is going away (it's been going away for years) but the flying is being transferred to a 767 ER (INTL) category. There will be some 757s being parked, but they are the oldest 757s NWA had, and they are ready to go. Some older 767 Dom planes also will go, along with about 40 of the oldest A320s out there (bought in late 80s or early 90s). Those 100 737-900ERs will replace one for one those older planes. And, the 320 pays less than the 739, so many pilots will get a pay raise, going up to the 739. Yes, some will get a paycut, while others get raises. Also, add 25 MD90s (with upgrades vs 17 DC9s leaving), and the upgrades on the 717 left seat, and people will stay on the 767 FO seat as people leave to upgrade. The sky isn't falling.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Nice to see a shred of the reality. In this career it's far better to be skeptical of 'best case' growth plans that blowhards like GL spot. He's definetly one of those types that after two hours into cruise you have to finally say "STFU with the airline talk."

Reality for you is that you are extremely unhappy with your airline and the "agreement in principle" (?), and the knowledge that it may be awhile until anything happens. I really hope you get a better deal than the rest of us, but so far, that doesn't look good. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL, spin it how you want....

A "new" 737-900 that will never climb above 310 is the future as this airline shrinks.....

Lessee 737s to replace 757s and 717s to replace 320s (9s aren't gone yet...). This is a payout no matter how its served.

I GET what management is doing....I agree with most of what they are doing, but no wide body orders while we take downgrades as they right size is the truth we gotta swallow.

Reality for you is that you are extremely unhappy with your airline and the "agreement in principle" (?), and the knowledge that it may be awhile until anything happens. I really hope you get a better deal than the rest of us, but so far, that doesn't look good. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

TA will be out in a few weeks. With ALPA and your YES vote as driving forces you are right that it will not be a good deal. But unlike you we actually have WB's on order. :p

It is impossible to win the "my airline is better than yours" argument on FI.com. Not sure why we always fight about this...

TA will be out in a few weeks. With ALPA and your YES vote as driving forces you are right that it will not be a good deal. But unlike you we actually have WB's on order. :p

Supposed 4th quarter this year widebody order, plus still have 787s on order. Can't wait to hear about your TA and then your SLI. I hope it works out like our SLI and not one with USAir anamosity. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL.....Jim Graham was in JFK and said no wide body orders through 2013 citing Europe weakness (i call it too much codesharing) after he was asked directly.

The 787s aren't a real order anyway......yay a decade old airplane to be delivered in (gasp) 8 more years.....

GL.....Jim Graham was in JFK and said no wide body orders through 2013 citing Europe weakness (i call it too much codesharing) after he was asked directly.

The 787s aren't a real order anyway......yay a decade old airplane to be delivered in (gasp) 8 more years.....

The widebody order would supposedly be for 773s, which wouldn't go to Europe anyway. What does Europe have to do with that? Even if there isn't an order in the immediate future, where have most of our widebodies been in the last couple years? Getting mods done in Asia, for the lie flat seats, etc. The capacity was pulled back, with the line values. Eventually all of that will come back, which will help.

Look, you seem to be a glass half empty guy right now, and that's oh-kay. We have a good 3 year contract, we will have movement via the 717s and MD90s coming, and there are a lot of retirements also upcoming. It's an eventual reality. Guys like Nimitz are really sorry sacks, who are upset that their airline's continue to give little or no progress with their contracts, and probably not as good of a deal that DL pilots got (no 100 seater option (717s). That guy will never be satisfied, but I believe we have good things coming up, and a heck of a lot better than the other legacies.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back