• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Colgan Saab pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
those bases dont have very good flight times. you work a lot of days for low pay credit. and ALB is just a pain in the ass to work out of. MX base as well.

CoolSidePillow said:
those bases dont have very good flight times. you work a lot of days for low pay credit. and ALB is just a pain in the ass to work out of. MX base as well.

I've seen a base with low flight time and bad days off turn into one with good flight time and more days off the next month. That can be pretty random. Or it can close and you're screwed. And then you need to quit and get an RJ job.

BRA,

What are you doing playing on line?? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your first flight in the 150 seat hot rod??:D

I see you're in for a tough 1st day.... You get to cross the Rockies and then get the old slam dunk into FAT all in one day!!! At least you have a good crew....sort of.:laugh:

Al Coholic said:
BRA,

What are you doing playing on line?? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your first flight in the 150 seat hot rod??:D

I see you're in for a tough 1st day.... You get to cross the Rockies and then get the old slam dunk into FAT all in one day!!! At least you have a good crew....sort of.:laugh:

It is hot rod. pretty cool. Saw a lot of the country in one day.

...Like someone earlier said, get in and get a seniority #. There is plenty of movement. I got hired in early July and started on line in early September. I initially got Johnstown (JST), but am getting Manassas next month, which is close to home. Didn't even take 2 months.

Most guys in my class that wanted to change bases quickly did already or put in enough time at their initial base to hold weekends off or just fly better lines. Hardly any reserve at any base. Sometimes they'll TDY you somewhere right after training.

Some bases are better than others for sure. JST ain't great, but been here just over a month and can still have weekends off! Good luck to you.

Snaab

Bra,

I caught you, err Billy Idol, in Baltimore last month. Got a guitar pick from Stevie Stevens. Bitchin' show!

Snaab

Yeah buddy. Where the beer flows like wine and the women instictively flock like the salmon of capistrono, I'm talkin about a little place call asssspin. I doono floyd the french are assholes.....

Latest resources

Back