• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA dispatchers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MM being offered the job is not a rumor. That is fact. MM taking the job is the rumor. So believe me ASA, someone over there is on their way out. Will it be MM or someone else has yet to be decided.

MM was indeed in the ASA OCC on Wednesday afternoon/evening! Something may be up, but things are currently as stated above as far as leadership is concerned. For the moment.

MM was indeed in the ASA OCC on Wednesday afternoon/evening! Something may be up, but things are currently as stated above as far as leadership is concerned. For the moment.

I was here that pm..what a wonderful day to be a ASA employee...or better yet, one of our passengers for that matter. Ice and snow in Atlanta and everything fell apart. It was quite embarrasing and pathetic in my opinion. I think my ear actually caught on fire from the phone..haha

I was here that pm..what a wonderful day to be a ASA employee...or better yet, one of our passengers for that matter. Ice and snow in Atlanta and everything fell apart. It was quite embarrasing and pathetic in my opinion. I think my ear actually caught on fire from the phone..haha
I was also at ASA that great night that we got handed our ass by Delta. ASA had no plan for de-icing and Delta kept both pads. ASA waited WAY to long to cancel anything that night, as usual ASA was behind the eight ball. The only thing that we can hope for at ASA is that Brad saw what we in flight control have been saying all along , that dispatch is not to blame for the crap that goes on.

I was also at ASA that great night that we got handed our ass by Delta. ASA had no plan for de-icing and Delta kept both pads. ASA waited WAY to long to cancel anything that night, as usual ASA was behind the eight ball. The only thing that we can hope for at ASA is that Brad saw what we in flight control have been saying all along , that dispatch is not to blame for the crap that goes on.
Dispatch not to blame? Who the hell cancels flights don there? If you all waited to long to cancel flights, I guess you are partly to blame, right?

Unless you cant cancel without approval from higher ups...If thats the case, that is messed up! (but we are talking about ASA)

Now...ASA...imagine dispatching ATL, ORD, MKE, MCI, DEN, SLC, LAX, SFO, PDX and SEA. Odds are, those kind of weather situations happen on a DAILY basis, threefold.

Dispatch not to blame? Who the hell cancels flights don there? If you all waited to long to cancel flights, I guess you are partly to blame, right?

Unless you cant cancel without approval from higher ups...If thats the case, that is messed up! (but we are talking about ASA)

no i dont think i am to blame, and yes you have to right to cx, but you still get the run around from your pro-company sectors managers on operating the flight..i am not a higher up that is paid to thin out the schedule when wx impacts ATL. Those calls come from mother delta. i just dispatch whats on my desk, and as far as the wx was concerned in ATL that day is was nothing compared to any other city we go to..it was just the ATL airport in general. it was like a monkey trying to #$%@ a football in better terms. Airtran had their stuff together that night, 2 or 3 de-ice pads working, they were taxiing right by us while we waiting in line to share our 1 pad with mother Delta. it was horrible, mutinty on a/c, ppl having anxiety attacks, f/a saying pax were getting uncontrollable....i think our winner for taxi times that night was 4 hrs and 13 minutes. and remember that doesnt include their flight time.

Now...ASA...imagine dispatching ATL, ORD, MKE, MCI, DEN, SLC, LAX, SFO, PDX and SEA. Odds are, those kind of weather situations happen on a DAILY basis, threefold.

i would take that..imagine all your a/c stuck in one city..and that city is your hub and it houses your flight control freq. that is shared by mtc, flight control, and crew scheduling. i swear the dispatch radio or the phone did not get quiet all night long..everyone and i mean everyone called in 30x...multiply that by the number of flights on my desk...say 55. And that's how many radio calls i fielded just from the wx in ATL in 10 hours. And there were 12 other dxers on the floor going threw the same thing. at least if my operation was spread out like that i could only get that kind of treatment from a/c stuck in 1 of those cities.....haha

no i dont think i am to blame, and yes you have to right to cx, but you still get the run around from your pro-company sectors managers on operating the flight..i am not a higher up that is paid to thin out the schedule when wx impacts ATL. Those calls come from mother delta. i just dispatch whats on my desk, and as far as the wx was concerned in ATL that day is was nothing compared to any other city we go to..it was just the ATL airport in general. it was like a monkey trying to #$%@ a football in better terms. Airtran had their stuff together that night, 2 or 3 de-ice pads working, they were taxiing right by us while we waiting in line to share our 1 pad with mother Delta. it was horrible, mutinty on a/c, ppl having anxiety attacks, f/a saying pax were getting uncontrollable....i think our winner for taxi times that night was 4 hrs and 13 minutes. and remember that doesnt include their flight time.

Mother Delta calling the shots? I am pretty sure SkyWest inc is your new Mama! Maybe ASA better quit listening to big D and operate like thier step brother SkyWest. Here we take control of OUR operations and do what needs to be done.

Remember, Delta may want to call the shots, but they gave that up when they sold you for pennies on the dollar to SkyWest.

Latest resources

Back