Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

10nCLR

Oh, Yeah!
Is the current Director of OCC retiring? If so, is there a rumor floating around regarding who it will be? Will you be getting a visitor this week, who will be checking out the operation? Just curious.

I have already heard that. Dah, I was asking for someone at ASA to inform me about what they have been hearing. I'm sorry Hasselhoff, but you do not work for ASA. Next..

Is the current Director of OCC retiring? If so, is there a rumor floating around regarding who it will be? Will you be getting a visitor this week, who will be checking out the operation? Just curious.

ASA is currently in a duel General Manager of OCC configuration. The general manager of scheduling and crew planning (originally from Delta) has moved laterally to a general manager of OCC position.

A SkyWest person has taken over as GM of scheduling and crew planning with a former Delta manager reporting to him as manager of scheduling.

The present general manager of OCC will not leave but instead function as a project manager of sorts for the move to the new facility (the old EAL hanger) and implementation of some new software while maintaining his GM title.

Both GM's will report to the same director of OCC (also originally from Delta) whose title I believe is "Director of Operations Planning and reliability".

I have not heard of any retirements, re-assignments, furloughs, etc. of the present director at ASA.

I also have not heard of any VIP visits either but the dispatchers at ASA are often the last to know anyway.

MM being offered the job is not a rumor. That is fact. MM taking the job is the rumor. So believe me ASA, someone over there is on their way out. Will it be MM or someone else has yet to be decided.

Latest resources

Back