Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for any 2 pilot/ 1 aircraft flight depts. and hard days off.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CitationXDriver- Your profile says you have 1200hrs. Is that correct? Are you typed in the plane? It sounds like the boss is a cheapskate and hired someone to keep the right seat warm. I'd get some experience and move on.

FWIW- I was hired into my first jet with ~1500TT. The owner could barely afford to keep the plane. We were on call 24/7/365. There were only 2 pilots and we were on the road all the time. They paid for my type and after I had a few hundred hours in the plane they made me captain. There was no contract involved. I built experience for 18mos and moved on. I was able to find a job with a great schedule, great boss, MX, etc. My salary also tripled. Keep your chin up and tell the GF to hang in there. There's hope.

semperfido said:
there are simply some jobs that are and will always be the kind of job that allows one to gain valuable experience while paying the bills. not the kind of places you would spend a career. "paying dues" is just another way of saying gaining experience. :)

I've never heard it said quite that way. Spot on!

Hope the 'pilots' on this board who are always putting down anyone who doesn't have their first jet job pay over 100K, have hard days off, no PFT or training contract, 5 star hotels, never stretching the range of the plane, etc. are listening to your wisdom.

Ace

I currently fly a plane 91/135 we work for the owners of the plane and there are just two of us. How do we make it work? In our contract we have funding for contract pilots for the days we need off.
And I must say I love my job.

Capthuff said:
I currently fly a plane 91/135 we work for the owners of the plane and there are just two of us. How do we make it work? In our contract we have funding for contract pilots for the days we need off.
And I must say I love my job.

You love your job?? Get the heck off of this board. You don't belong here! :0

Ace

When I flew 135/91 each of us took every other weekend off. It was the charter companies obligation to get coverage. No coverage no fly ...

Latest resources

Back