Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for any 2 pilot/ 1 aircraft flight depts. and hard days off.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CitationXDriver

This is mainly aimed at flight deptartments with 1 aircraft and 2 pilots and on a 135 certificate. I am trying to gauge how many of "us" get hard days off. My situation is on call 7 days a week with no hard days off and after having to cancel my second "mini-vacation" in 3 weeks due to last minute flights, I am not a happy camper. Dont get me wrong, I dont mind being on call and the occasional pop-up can be exciting, but I also think I should be able to make plans and not worry about having to break them. And yes, this is being written in the heat of the moment, I just had to turn the car around from a 2 day excursion with the girlfriend.

very common in 135.

2 pilot operation are brutal. whenever that a/c flies...well you know.

fight hard for a 3rd pilot or for use on contractors.

Many 135 operators sell these 2 pilot ops to owners as a way to save money. Pilots just enjoy being abused, ya know?

99% of the time you cant change the job, you have to change jobs.

good luck.

Gulfstream 200 said:
very common in 135.

2 pilot operation are brutal. whenever that a/c flies...well you know.

fight hard for a 3rd pilot or for use on contractors.

Many 135 operators sell these 2 pilot ops to owners as a way to save money. Pilots just enjoy being abused, ya know?

99% of the time you cant change the job, you have to change jobs.

good luck.

AMEN!!!!!!!
Sounds just like someone else we know :bawling: .
G200, Love the Avatar!! She a friend of yours??

This won't help you much now, but next time try to negotiate for some hard days off each month before you take the job. I have done this successfully.

Then you can use contractors to fill in, if necessary.

CitationXDriver said:
This is mainly aimed at flight deptartments with 1 aircraft and 2 pilots and on a 135 certificate. I am trying to gauge how many of "us" get hard days off. My situation is on call 7 days a week with no hard days off and after having to cancel my second "mini-vacation" in 3 weeks due to last minute flights, I am not a happy camper. Dont get me wrong, I dont mind being on call and the occasional pop-up can be exciting, but I also think I should be able to make plans and not worry about having to break them. And yes, this is being written in the heat of the moment, I just had to turn the car around from a 2 day excursion with the girlfriend.

rice said:
AMEN!!!!!!!
Sounds just like someone else we know :bawling: .
G200, Love the Avatar!! She a friend of yours??

Id love to make up a story about how Im bangin' her and my wife approves and $hit......... but in reality just some avatar I found on the web..heels like that are a favorite of mine..and thongs? c'mon we all live for those.

how sad its not reality huh?

talk to ya later!

PS - that boy really needs to talk to you about 2 pilot stuff....my guess is he aint doing it International and the hours you do......DAMN.

Last edited:
What a/c are you flying? and at what pay rate?
I hate the part about people saying paying your dues ..in a way it is true but it still sucks.
Some 135 operatrors seem to think you need to live your life in servitude to them and the sad part is there are too many people willing to do it.

Thedude said:
What a/c are you flying? and at what pay rate?
I hate the part about people saying paying your dues ..in a way it is true but it still sucks.
Some 135 operators seem to think you need to live your life in servitude to them and the sad part is there are too many people willing to do it.

there are simply some jobs that are and will always be the kind of job that allows one to gain valuable experience while paying the bills. not the kind of places you would spend a career. "paying dues" is just another way of saying gaining experience. :)

I am a pilot/flight manager of a 1 aircraft flight department for a company, and the airplane is on a 135 certificate for charter opportunities. I get the same 2 days off per week every week with no obligation whatsoever to fly on my days off.

Latest resources

Back