Question about US Pilot Master Scab List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
Trust me sonny, I have no problem speaking my mind since this industry has been eviscerated by those of this (your) ilk.

Sonny? Alright old man, if you have no problem saying it to someone's face, then send me a PM the next time you have an ATL overnight. Drinks are on me.

edited for excessive testosterone.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCL:

I don't believe in kicking someone who is on the ropes, but your post was particularly onerous.

It is easy, very easy to stand on a soapbox and tell everyone what you did was wrong, and not to do it........after you have done it and gotten out of it what they want. It is downright hypocritical.

Further, there are plenty of PFT guys at the regionals.....not too many at the mainline, especially now with all the furloughs. It didn't come into vogue until the mid 90's.

I will never convince you that you and ALPA are dead wrong in the course that has been chosen for the aviation professionals. Calling people scabs and segregating pilots just furthers the idea that pilots will never stand together for anything and the downward spiral continues.

So I suppose since you were a PFT'er, made a mistake, and have seen the light, we should forgive and forget. Just like you will when you are a with a major and on the hiring committee, right?

A350

So now we have learned that not only are you are a revisionist and a hypocrite but also an opportunist.

Sounds like a stand-up, straight arrow American to me.
It's a long fall from a soapbox that size....

A350 said:
The scab list is a waste of time......

...senior UAL, CAL, or FedEx pilots.they are enjoying their careers under the watchful eyes of ALPA.

Now that's pretty funny.

Like ALPA gives a $hit about a bunch of SCABS on the property.

Alpa just wants their take. I don't believe they discriminate!

hehe

Good one A350.

Eagleflip said:
Why no scab lists? Because we said so...

(those parents on FlightInfo will understand that particular reason. For all others, read on)

The answer's simple: Our site founder, Mark, decided on that rule. His successors have reaffirmed the rule. The site continues to run on that premise, in addition to a few other guidelines.

And that's that.:cool:

Obviously whatever you say is stands, you're the moderator... The question was what were your reasons (or Mark's) for refusing to allow a scab list to be posted?

Were you guys worried about legal ramifications? Are you anti-union? Do you think scabs deserve a second chance? Just curious as to the reasoning. History tends to repeat itself and if scabs are seen as getting off the hook then there is a much greater chance the list will grow much larger in the future.

Nice attempt at deflecting the issue

PCL_128 said:
Sonny? Alright old man, if you have no problem saying it to someone's face, then send me a PM the next time you have an ATL overnight. Drinks are on me. We'll see if you have the balls to say it to my face. I doubt it.

As much as I would love to sport, The airplane I am on doesn't layover in ATL. That is light twin flying for us.

So once again there is no gap in your employment history from Gulfstream to Pinnacle? If not please explain to us Mr. Opportunist your version of realizing when your "mistake" was made?

If you had an iota of the integrity you want us all to believe, you would of left your PFT initial whoringduring the time you jumpstarted your career at Gulfstream.

Interesting you live in ATL. Your family associated with Eastern by chance?

Last edited:
Green said:
there is a much greater chance the list will grow much larger in the future.

If ALPA continues on the path they have chosen the list will continue to grow. Like I said from the onset, why are there so many ex ALPA pilots on the scab list now?

PCL128,
You can find the names of many scabs on a list of ALPA members in good standing. If ALPA can forgive them, why can't you? After all, ALPA can do no wrong according to you. In fact there are scabs that hold MEC officer and ALPA committee chairman positions. Again if they are good enough to hold positions in ALPA, why do you care if they were scabs - ALPA doesn't care.

JoeMerchant said:
PCL128,
You can find the names of many scabs on a list of ALPA members in good standing....if they are good enough to hold positions in ALPA, why do you care if they were scabs - ALPA doesn't care.

Joe, that's cause ALPA is a whore. They just want the money.

Although, if you can show me a big 'ole list of SCABS that are at ALPA carriers and have NOT been invited to the party, I'll take that back...

'nuff said.

Latest resources

Back