Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G2T

Hey 170 drivers..got a question for you:

Why is it that none of the Chattutleublic 170's ever land on rwy 35 in PHL? It can't be length, MDA used to do it, and I watched one land on 28 in ROC yesterday which is the same. SW lands it's 737s on it all the time, and Mainline US will throw a few planes there too if the wind is right. What gives?

Last edited:
I've seen Shuttle Delta flights land on both 35 and 17. Granted it wasn't a normal west operation (strong winds down the runway each time) but they have done it...

I don't know about Chautauqua, but (if memory serves me) Comair doesn't even have rw35 numbers in the CR7, which is curious because we have numbers for rw33 in DCA which is shorter. Must be a "don't use it if you don't need too" mentality. I don't know?

Doesn't make sense to use it given that they park on C gates.... the taxi from 35 to C would be a pain for ramp or ground control as you would have to cut through a lot of pavement. 27R to Spot 7 is the best way.

Now, Now. The answer everybody is looking for is.....

:rolleyes:

They lack the airmanship, the FO's have spikey hair, they underbid RWY 35 and 17.

Something to that effect.

because we park at the C gate. MDA used 35/17 when they parked at the F terminal. When MDA moved twards the end to the C gates most landings/TO's used the 27's.

Now, Now. The answer everybody is looking for is.....

:rolleyes:

They lack the airmanship, the FO's have spikey hair, they underbid RWY 35 and 17.

Something to that effect.

Don't forget about the IPOD's and Backpacks! haha

Hey 170 drivers..got a question for you:

Why is it that none of the Chattutleublic 170's ever land on rwy 35 in PHL? It can't be length, MDA used to do it, and I watched one land on 28 in ROC yesterday which is the same. SW lands it's 737s on it all the time, and Mainline US will throw a few planes there too if the wind is right. What gives?

We did when we parked at the F gates.

Latest resources

Back