• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about Ryan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. Try easyjet.com or transavia.com .. They thread their employees way better..

Rossa said:
Beware: Prices do NOT include additional charges for checked baggage, ANY drinks on board must be paid for ( $5 for a bottle of water), seats do not recline, except maybe on some of the older 737's. Everything said above is true - executives have left Ryanair to start budget airlines in Asia, saying that Michael O'Leary (CEO, I believe) was the cheapest, meanest S.O.B that you could ever wish to work for (maybe he hasn't met Dougie at NWA). They are constantly being investigated by E.U Commissions on Labor relations, etc......
There are other airlines in Europe that you could spend just a few extra bucks on and would be doing the world a favor!!!!!!!!!!

i am not sticking up for them by anymeans, but yet your statements are not really true. there is not a charge for checked baggage, unless it is over 15kg, which isn't a lot, but yet, i had my bag i use on all my 4 day trips stuffed to capacity, and it was 13.5 kg, so no additional charge. and on the 737-800 we were on, the seats did recline.

I flew on the 800, and our seat's did not recline.

The Worst Travel Experience of my Life!

I flew on Ryan Air with my girlfriend last year to the Dominican Republic. It was 5 hours of pure h#ll.

RyanAir is the ultimate cattle trailer. There is absolutely no padding on their "leather" seats and forget legroom & space.

Absolutely no frills and the pilots.... I don't know how they flew into the United States because they did not speak a single WORD of English.

We had two European girls behind us - on an evening flight - and they SCREAMED (talked by their standards), the entire flight. Flight Attendants were asked by numerous people to talk to them but did nothing.

I would NEVER fly on them again.

....have now read the thread, my post is regarding Ryan Air that operates for Trans Global Vacations out of the US... not the Euro-version

Last edited:
I flew on Ryan Air yesterday and the plane didnt even have seats. We had to sit on the floor. Also the plane didnt have any hydraulics, so the pax in the emergency exit row had to crank the gear down by hand. It sucked but for 5 bucks it was wortyh it overall.

beech1900kid said:
Anyone out there who has ever flown on Ryan Air, I have a question about whether or not it is legit. They post a fare from Rome to London for 8 Euro. That's like ten bucks. Is it legit??

It's true. Next week I'll be flying Ryan Air from Rome's Campino airport to London Gatwick for 19.99 Euros. Better than paying around 300 Euros on BA or Alitalia. Can't beat that.

taters said:
I flew on Ryan Air yesterday and the plane didnt even have seats. We had to sit on the floor. Also the plane didnt have any hydraulics, so the pax in the emergency exit row had to crank the gear down by hand. It sucked but for 5 bucks it was wortyh it overall.

Funny you say that. O'Leary supposedly once said that if the CAA would let him, he would take out all the seat's, and have everyone stand up like they do on the bus. Classy guy.

Latest resources

Back