Question about Ryan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beech1900kid

Anyone out there who has ever flown on Ryan Air, I have a question about whether or not it is legit. They post a fare from Rome to London for 8 Euro. That's like ten bucks. Is it legit??

They are legit. You need to factor in the taxes and other fees (not shown in the advertised price), but it is still cheap. They also fly out of secondary airports that are with in a a certain radius of the city they claim to be flying to. I have heard of some airports being almost a 2 hr drive from the city. Be ready for the mad rush to your seat, they dont have seat assigments and Europeans tend to be jerks getting on and off of airplanes. Oh, and you better get used to smoke, European airports will give you a headach if you arent used to being around tons of smokers.

Read up on that company and see how bad the employees are treated there! Don't spend your money and support that place.

Everything both those guy's said is true. The fare's are cheap, but they do not include taxes, there are no frills, and the experience is miserable. I flew them with my family from Prestwick to Rome (CIA), and the entire experience was a misery. The people pushed to get on the aircraft, and when there weren't two seats together, the flight attendant told me that me and my 3 year old son would have to sit in seperate rows.
Another great story from an English captain at the company I'm flying for. He get's on, and his seat is broken, totally, obviously broken. He notified the flight attendants, and they told him to sit down. He then asked to speak to the captain, who told him, sit down, or get off the plane. Don't fly on Ryan Air.

I just flew on easyjet yesterday from cork to london. With taxes I paid about 35 euros...new planes, nice people...no frills, but an overall good experience. I don't think that they serve quite as many cities as Ryan, but I believe they do the london to Rome route, check it out. Beware though, I think these airlines go into an airport that is quite a ways from the city of Rome.

Ryan Air serves secondary airports. Rome is actually CIA which is actuall in Rome, and a 20 minute or so drive from the international airport. Most of their other destinations are quite some distance from the actual city that they are advertising them as. I had a night flight to Gerona a few days ago, and the ground handler told me that Ryan Air are now selling ticket's to Gerona as Barcelona, which is more than 50 miles north of Barcelona. If easy jet is an alternative, fly on them.

I second all the above. Don't forget to tip the f/o

FD

just flew on them the other day from london to the netherlands. booked the ticket about 2 1/2 weeks in advance to get a fare of one pence (yes, one cent in UK money). with tax, it was about 16 pounds, so for 2 people my visa card was billed 60 american dollars (since the exchange rate stinks).

goal was amsterdam, but they fly into eindhoven, which is about an hour 45 min. bus ride to amsterdam, for 17.50 euro. still cheaper then flying right into ams (at least the day we went).

maybe caught them on a good day, and it's only a 40 min flight we took, but we had a fine experience. they have two boarding groups, 1-65, and then 65 and higher. we were on a 737-800. no jetways, but they board through both the front and back so it's pretty quick (like swa at burbank).

when we checked in at stansted, they just look at a sheet of paper with all the pax names, then hand write your name on a boarding pass, so thought that was pretty old fashioned, but it worked.

So, did you have fun in Amsterdam ? (pictures please) ;)

Beware: Prices do NOT include additional charges for checked baggage, ANY drinks on board must be paid for ( $5 for a bottle of water), seats do not recline, except maybe on some of the older 737's. Everything said above is true - executives have left Ryanair to start budget airlines in Asia, saying that Michael O'Leary (CEO, I believe) was the cheapest, meanest S.O.B that you could ever wish to work for (maybe he hasn't met Dougie at NWA). They are constantly being investigated by E.U Commissions on Labor relations, etc......
There are other airlines in Europe that you could spend just a few extra bucks on and would be doing the world a favor!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back