Question about Penair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFI Route

Instructing bites !! If you can find a way to get out of it I would. I knew a guy who bought a 65hp champ and flew it to Alaska and back, then he circumnavigated the entire US. By the time he was done he had over 1000 hours and it only cost him $4000.00. The cost was way less than if he had gotten his CFI I and MEI and a lot faster and more fun. These days there are so few students that I think it wise to find another way.

Skyline

Skyline said:
Instructing bites !! If you can find a way to get out of it I would. I knew a guy who bought a 65hp champ and flew it to Alaska and back, then he circumnavigated the entire US. By the time he was done he had over 1000 hours and it only cost him $4000.00. The cost was way less than if he had gotten his CFI I and MEI and a lot faster and more fun. These days there are so few students that I think it wise to find another way.

Skyline

What year was that, 1980?

4 gallons an hour at a buck a gallon is 4000 bucks.

My riding mower costs 4 bucks an hour to run.

Bullsh1t flag.

Last edited:
CFI No Way !!

The year was 1993 I think and gas was about 1.25/gallon. He only burned 3.5 GPH and mostly used auto gas. Yea it was that cheap. You could still do the same thing with these high gas prices. It is still way cheaper than getting all the CFI tickets.

Skyline

big ace or little ace?

The Norwegian Goddess

Skyline said:
To those of you who know Marianne.

Marianne and I were new CFI's togather in ANC in 1990. We worked at Vernair at Merril Field. I always wondered what happened to her.

SkyLine

I used to fly with Mariann in the Metro. In fact we taught groundschool together. Those were some of the best times I've had flying around Alaska. She's a blast. She's also a Saab Capt now.

When she upgraded to the Saab I asked her how she like flying the Swedish "crap". (Typical Norwegian, she has a slight bias....)

She said, "Well, it *is* Swedish but it's not crap!"

Cool chick.
Best.

Gavin said:
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew a little bit about Penair and their SIC position flying the bush.

Penair no longer exists. They were merged into Vagair. It is still bush flying though.

Joke

Rubberlayin is putting you on. There is no Vagair. It is a play on words.

Skyline

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back