Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not its not PFT at all, but they don't pay you much as a caravan sic

Where is the best place to fly in AK?

I'm thinking about doing a summer tour there before I get serious about being a corporate pilot. I've got 2500TT 800 turbine PIC/ 700 PC-12 Time and 100 Twin Otter time. I dont think there are any PC12's out there so I'm thinking maybe a caravan gig. Suggestions?? also have 800 hours Cherokee 6/Saratoga .

The Natural said:
I'm thinking about doing a summer tour there before I get serious about being a corporate pilot. I've got 2500TT 800 turbine PIC/ 700 PC-12 Time and 100 Twin Otter time. I dont think there are any PC12's out there so I'm thinking maybe a caravan gig. Suggestions?? also have 800 hours Cherokee 6/Saratoga .

With the recent hiring at Alaska, there may be some movement at Era out of ANC. Good company, but slow upgrade time. Also check ACE out of ANC. I think their website is www.alaskacentralexpress.com. Hope this helps!

Gavin said:
Sounds like it could be a pretty crappy job. Also, I definitely don't want to do this if future employers or co workers might look at this as trying to be lazy by skipping the instructor route.

Thanks for the heads up.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Nobody thinks you're "lazy" by not instructing. There are other ways to build time.

Keep in mind that PenAir sends more people through training than they end up using. You might end up as a ramp rat for a while...and it's not a sure thing you'll get a flying gig afterward. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Marianne

To those of you who know Marianne.

Marianne and I were new CFI's togather in ANC in 1990. We worked at Vernair at Merril Field. I always wondered what happened to her.

SkyLine

trying to be lazy by skipping the instructor route
I'm gonna get this screened on a T-shirt and wear it on my next trip for all the newbie CFIs with a whole 10 hours of dual given who tell me "You really should instruct for a while" during the same conversation where they're asking me to hook them up on our King Air.

:rolleyes: x 1,000,000,000,000

Minh

Latest resources

Back