Question about fuss over furloughing...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JDREsquire1224

Alright guys granted I'm not "in the biz" yet like some, but I'd like to be and that is why I don't understand the big fuss over being furloughed. Do you know how many of my other friends who aren't at regionals would like to have a job flying? Lots. So that is why I don't know why everyone is complaining about furloughing. It's not like you are fired, the company just doesn't need you but you can come back when they do! It's like having the ultimate job security because you know the job will be there in the end! I know some people might be concerned about health benefits, but you go get some like, Cobra and you're all set. Maybe just don't mow the lawn and risk cutting off a foot or something, I don't know. Spend the money on a lawn service. There, problem solved. So, the next time you think furloughing is bad, just think of me and the situation and be happy you have a flying job. I'm serious, I would like to be in your shoes. If you're furloughed you can get another job and make money that way. It's not like it's the worst.

Alright guys granted I'm not "in the biz" yet like some, but I'd like to be and that is why I don't understand the big fuss over being furloughed. Do you know how many of my other friends who aren't at regionals would like to have a job flying? Lots. So that is why I don't know why everyone is complaining about furloughing. It's not like you are fired, the company just doesn't need you but you can come back when they do! It's like having the ultimate job security because you know the job will be there in the end! I know some people might be concerned about health benefits, but you go get some like, Cobra and you're all set. Maybe just don't mow the lawn and risk cutting off a foot or something, I don't know. Spend the money on a lawn service. There, problem solved. So, the next time you think furloughing is bad, just think of me and the situation and be happy you have a flying job. I'm serious, I would like to be in your shoes. If you're furloughed you can get another job and make money that way. It's not like it's the worst.

Uh, some people have families and need to be able to put food on the table.

"Just get another job" isn't that easy. When one airline is furloughing, usually others are too... and not many are hiring. There is a lot of competition for those few jobs and usually they're not very good jobs that may involve uprooting and moving your family and changing your whole life.

Furloughs can last a long time. Years and years and years. You might as well have been laid off. You haven't ever been laid off, have you? Being furloughed is a lot tougher when you're an adult who needs a job than an early 20s regional FO who just goes back to living with mom and dad and looks at it as an opportunity to get a lot of Xbox playing done.

Drinking and posting before 5:00 pm

Awesome

This post is so absurd it seems it cannot be serious, but is simply flamebait.

But just in case it is a serious question.....

Living in our parents house are we?

When you own a home and have kids I assure you being furloughed is a big deal

Every post you make is flamebait. Your other post shows that you work for ASA. Furlough is not something to joke about. Lots of these guys have families to feed. Show a little class if you have any.

Stay off the professional pilot forums. Try the training and instruction forums. I'm sure they're up your alley.
And by the way, do you even have a clue how much Cobra is for a family of five? Cutting lawns won't cut it.

lemmee guess. That dude's close to 22 years old. Doesn't own a house, doesn't have a wife, doesn't have kids and doesn't have student loans.

"ultimate job security"- wow, RU kidding?

While you still can, work on another career. This gig ain't worth it right now.

Latest resources

Back