Question about FLOPS Hawkers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I was visiting TEB a few weeks ago and I saw a line of FLOPS Hawker 800XPs on the ramp. I noticed a few in the regular Flight Options paints scheme and a few of the older "Travelair" paint scheme. I have heard that FLOPS will eventually replace the XPs with XPCs - the Proline 21 upgrades. Is that true? How many current 800XPs are C versions and will all of the older XP versions be replaced by Cs in the next year or two? Do the current XP pilots fly both types or are they restricted like those at NJA?

I got a good look at a NJA XP-C and I was pretty impressed with the layout...

Well I think our whole fleet have four different paint schemes on them. The regular trailer park paint job that Flight Options started with. The old Travel Air paint scheme. The new paint scheme that they came up with a year ago or more. Finally some our just plane old white. As far as getting on pro-line XP's. That will be a while but we do have a few. Some guys fly both the honeywell and pro-line models. Even some of the guys fly the 800A's, honeywell and pro-line.

true...

However, those flying all three were origional 800A guys. You know, its not safe for the XP guys to fly an 800A.

Maybe its just too hard.

hawkercpt said:
However, those flying all three were origional 800A guys. You know, its not safe for the XP guys to fly an 800A.

Maybe its just too hard.

Not too hard....it's just that the 800A guys are that much better....

Latest resources

Back