question about Continental growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
densoo said:
Understand the flip side of this, though. The reason they are able to man the airline so close to the margin is that there are always plenty of pilots willing to help them out in the pinch by: answering a call from scheduling on their days off (as if they don't work enough days as it is), flying during their vacation (all add pay), responding to time-and-a-half offers, even lineholders placing themselves on reserve so they can get that extra nickel. That is the culture you're joining.

Every airline has its share of whores. CAL is no different.

It is a great place to work. You will have a great time here. The 737 flying out of EWR is fantastic and as the previous posts have said we are offering 150% pay today and tomorrow. Nothing wrong with that--- if you want to fly for the extra money go for it. Welcome to Continental!

Do the online recommendations from CAL pilots expedite the process or even wave a flag? Or, do your internal LOR have to pass by the chief pilot's desk?

How do the interviewers pick the apps for interviews? Does a computer monitor the applicants total and quality of time or do they have actual humans that scan the apps?

Thanx in advance!

The manager that I spoke with told me that the online recommendation is one step in the process, but you need to bring it to a manager to get the call. Good luck with it.

Thanx for the info ACwild!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

ACWild said:
The manager that I spoke with told me that the online recommendation is one step in the process, but you need to bring it to a manager to get the call. Good luck with it.

I was under the impression that CAL recruitment did not want line guys bringing other peoples' resumes into them. As far as I know, the online rec is enough if its from a CAL employee...

flyhigh2610 said:
I was under the impression that CAL recruitment did not want line guys bringing other peoples' resumes into them. As far as I know, the online rec is enough if its from a CAL employee...

You don't bring a resume to the manager. Your contact endorses you to his asst cp while he reviews your online app. The asst cp then has the power to move you up the list.

RichardFitzwell said:
Every airline has its share of whores. CAL is no different.

Like the whores who take a major airline job with a first year pay of $30,000. Unbelieveable. What's 2nd year pay, BTW? Better hope you have a no furlough clause.

miles otoole said:
Like the whores who take a major airline job with a first year pay of $30,000. Unbelieveable. What's 2nd year pay, BTW? Better hope you have a no furlough clause.

So tell us sparky which legacy carrrier (that is hiring) pays more than the $30k a year for the first year?

Latest resources

Back