Quality of Regional Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I.P. Freley said:
Good answer. All autopilots are the same, and when you get used to an individual system, you are dead from the neck up if you have even a minimum of difficulty figuring out another one. In addition, if you can't press a button or two, you need to have the feeding tube removed. And good luck reading any manuals, or your living will, cuz you can't read, either.

Do you believe your own nonsense, white E? Just wondering... I used to think the A-10 was the coolest plane ever, but if they let YOU fly one... Oh, never mind. I can't read, so what's the point?
I feel the same way...they let ME fly an A-10. Nice one, good comeback. Anyone who uses a profile for a response must be in line for the Jerry Springer show. BTW, that wasn't a personal attack..just a statement of how EASY an autopilot is.
-W-

The PA23-180 type ride was rough, but somehow I got through it. I'd say it's systems-wise far superior to any Jet or Turboprop; at least that's what I was told at The Delta Connection Academy. Mixtures-Props-Throttles-Flaps-Gear-Flaps-Identify-Verify...

:p ;) :D
TA

Let me put my 2 pennies in about the whole jet vs prop thing. I've flown both the J32 and J41, the ERJ and several other "big" planes. So far as piloting goes, I will never be as good as I was in the J32. That thing made a man out of you.

But the most challenging headwork/busy stuff was doing a visual appproach in the ERJ with the autopilot from a full traffic pattern at a busy airport. Lotsa thinking goin' on there, and it is quite a good challenge to give yourself. BTW no cheatin'! Can't disconnect it at 1000 feet and say you did it.;)

Last edited:
The real reason...

1900 training has to be tougher than jet training. You have to learn how to be a FLIGHT ATTENDANT also. No thanks!!!

pilotshan said:
1900 training has to be tougher than jet training. You have to learn how to be a FLIGHT ATTENDANT also. No thanks!!!

Yea, that is one thing I sure WON'T miss about the right seat in the Jetstream!
It's always fun flying a bad weather approach and having some passenger tug on your arm asking where the garbage can is.

white E said:
Anyone who uses a profile for a response must be in line for the Jerry Springer show

I couldn't get tickets, so of COURSE I had to stand in line... Waiting for standby tickets in the rain really sucks, but no way I'd miss my favorite show.

Latest resources

Back