• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Quality of logged hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reading doesn't answer these "real-world" time of questions very often. It's all advice from experienced pilots, that is not always avialable in books, and if it is, it might be outdated.

Plus, this is what this board is for isn't it?

I've been told this more than once on this board, while on other aviation boards no one has complained.

I'm just thinking ahead, nothing wrong with that. Don't want to answer my questions, do not answer them. No one is forcing you.

Don't even need to venture into this thread. Next time, you see a thread I start, don't even venture in.

This is not the first time I get asked to stop asking questions about my future as a pilot. I'm starting to get tired of it. As I said, replying to threads is optional.

Plus, what am I supposed to ask about? What special VFR is? I can find that out in a book...experience from pilots, I cannot as easily.

Archer

Multi PIC is like gold when you're looking for jobs "beyond" being a flight instructor. You may be able to drop jumpers, fly banners, do some traffic watch, or whatever without any multi, but for much else beyond that, you're gonna need it.

You're gonna have to spend some time in singles before you can start flying twins with friends anyway. Where I fly, the insurance company wants 350TT, and 25 in type before they'll let you solo the Duchess. And the Duchess is about as easy a twin to fly as it gets. Stepping up from there and mins get a LOT higher. The Baron 58 requires 1500TT, 500 multi, and 50 in type before you can solo it!

It used to be that you could get your MEI and start building twin time right away..but that's getting harder and harder to do. Insurance here just created a new rule (well, new as of 8 months ago) that MEI's need 100 hours of multi before they can instruct in twins. I think this kind of thing is getting more common. So at least around here, you kind of have to bite the bullet and just fly on your own dime until you hit that magical 100 hour mark. Splitting time with other multi pilots really helps here.

Multi PIC is like gold when you're looking for jobs "beyond" being a flight instructor.

It's what I gathered from reading online...it seems you need multi piston to get a "corporate Baron" job or "Baron Charter" job...and then you can build more multi time...and then I guess the next step is turbine time....and at last jet time.

You're gonna have to spend some time in singles before you can start flying twins with friends anyway. Where I fly, the insurance company wants 350TT, and 25 in type before they'll let you solo the Duchess. And the Duchess is about as easy a twin to fly as it gets. Stepping up from there and mins get a LOT higher. The Baron 58 requires 1500TT, 500 multi, and 50 in type before you can solo it!

[email protected] heard about high requirements for multi renting...but that Baron requirements...wow...at my local FBO, the Seneca I they got you can fly if you train with them for the multi, and only need 10 total multi time...if you have 125 total multi...you can rent it...or 250 tt and 25 multi...I noticed, they just changed it...there were no tt requirements...just 10 multi if you train with them...or 125 multi and you can rent it after a checkout...

It used to be that you could get your MEI and start building twin time right away..but that's getting harder and harder to do.

that kindo sucks...100 multi time would cost quite a bit...but it makes sense...I would rather from a MEI that has some experience in multi airplanes, rather than the minimum required for getting a a multi rating and an MEI...but it sucks for the CFI I guess...

Latest resources

Back