Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capthuff

A Pirate past 40
I'm looking for any pilots on this board that fly and manage an airplane directly for the owner and operate part 135 as well. The owners of my airplane want us on a certificate. We are very unhappy with the current certificate holder.

Do any of you have recommendations on an operator that is easy to work with?

Do they take less of a percentage if you bring your own business?

Do you get fuel discounts?

Do you get favorable rates or recipricals with other A/C on their certificate?

Do you get mostly Retail or Wholesale trips?

We are based in the northeast but are certainly willing to put it on a certificate in another part of the country. There are certain marketing benefits in doing so.

Thanks

Not sure if we can help or not...

Air Cargo Carriers we have about 25 Shorts on certificate and two Falcons.

www.aircar.com

About 95 percent of the time we gas it is under contract fuel.

Wankel

Try Millennium

Try Millennium Aviation out of RDG, I know they work with several owners under this same senario in Lears, Hawkers and Citations. They sever the north east and have a good rep.

Executive Fliteways out of ISP is a highly reputable 135 operator at ISP. I have personal history with them for more than 3 years, and speak of first hand experience.

What kind of aircraft are you operating that you want to put on the 135 certificate? EFI operates 4 G-4's, 2 F50's, 3 HS125/800's, 3 HS125/700's, 2 Lear 60's, 2 Lear 31's and a Lear 35.

You might want to check with TAG. From what I hear they are somewhat pricey but it seems they have a good track record with many different "charter ally's"(sp?). Just a thought, as I really don't know much about it but the people I've spoken with seemed pretty happy.

Hands down, the best out there is Gold Aviation. These guys have got it together. Their staff is the best in the biz from the DOM, DO,CP to the owner. Do me a favor, DON'T call them if you are a half as@#d operator looking to mooch off of a ticket. These guys are the best around!!!

www.goldaviation.com

Thanks for the replies - PMs and on here. This change is not going to happen overnight and with alot of research I'm sure we will find the right fit for our needs.

Learjet Pilot said:
All of the above sound good JUST stay away from Chantilly Air. Horrible operation

I am very shocked to see this post. What makes them horrible???? Learjet pilot please PM me. Its obvious that you do not know alot about this company. Did you work there? Where you one of the TWO in the past 15 years to get fired? Everyone there is very happy, so. you tell me.

stealthh21

Wait I figured it out.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back